Crazy ear bitting all day

_gandour_

Post   » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:26 pm

Hello everyone, joined the boards in hope i can understand what is happening between my GP.

So, i have two GP, Chico and Leitao. Leitao is double the Size of Chico. But, as crazy as this may sound Chico is kind of bullying his Big Brother by ear bitting ALL DAY LONG, and i mean it. What is happening? What does It mean?

Video here:

rjespicer

Post   » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:52 pm

I have seen something like that with our 3 girls on occasion but assumed it was social grooming or something similar. There didn't seem to be any squeaking or animosity when they did it which i woudl expect if there was biting or nipping involved..

I am sure others can give more advice though

Leitao looks a bit like our little Siouxie

PinkRufus
Contributor in 2020

Post   » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:08 pm

That is a normal dominance behavior and nothing to worry about, unless it escalates into a fight with blood drawn.  They look like they are getting along fine!  

JX4

Post   » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:21 pm

My pigs lick me quite a bit when I hold them. I'd think if he were actually biting there'd be some noise to that effect from the bitee. Are you sure he's not just licking? One of my pigs nibbles more than licks, but not hard. I've always taken both licking and soft nibbles as signs of affection.

_gandour_

Post   » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:32 pm

@pinkrufus @ rjspicer good to hear it. Maybe is not as bad as i though.

@jx4. Im pretty sure its a bite. But maybe its just a soft one. Chico likes that when is in my hands.