Guinea Pig Making Weird Noise

Tubby Custards

Post   » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:16 am

Hi, I just woke up and I’ve never heard this before, but my female guinea pig Hazel, just suddenly started making this weird noise, sounding sorta like a bird chirping/a whistle. It started out really faint at first, so I thought it was my dog whimpering, but now she’s sounds like an alarm clock. She’s been doing it for over 10 Minutes now and I’m really worried. Is there anything wrong? If so, because of Hurricane Florence, the earliest vets would be open would be Monday.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in 2018

Post   » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:43 pm

I had a chirping pig last year. As far as I know he was normal. If you do a search, I'm sure you'll find quite a few of them. Most of us consider ourselves to be lucky. Does she stop as soon as she realizes she's being listened to?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:18 pm

All rodents can chirp. Not all do. Just relax and enjoy it.

Tubby Custards

Post   » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Ok Thanks! For a moment, because it was very faint at first, legit thought she somehow was choking and was omg how do you do the Heimlich on a Guinea Pig lol. And no I was just siting there staring at her the whole time (she went on and on for a little over 10 minutes😂) and she didn’t even seem fazed.

JX4

Post   » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:57 pm

That's chirping. I've only heard one of my pigs do it once, for several minutes, when she didn't realize I was in the room. She stopped as soon as she realized I was there.

It sounds just like a bird, and it's lovely. Too bad they don't do it more often!

5 posts • Page 1 of 1