Unsure of what happened to my pig

Lisa12

Post   » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:22 pm

*I tought it cant be done

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:33 pm

I thought I said pretty plainly that it's fine to give an oral antibiotic and a nebulized one at the same time. It's like a one-two punch against the organism that making him sick.

Lisa12

Post   » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:26 am

Thanks, i get it, now:) I am blonde, hehe:) I defenetly am up for that option..maybe one week off the oral and than, again as he was three weeks on it..hm.. i have to push his vets a little about everything-thats why all oppinions are very helpful, but they are trying and they have knowledge. I am just like Silvia Trkman said never take no for an answer and than they re slightly suprised wtf is wrong with me, but we came this far, cause my persistance, too.

We seem to be finally doing a little bit better..but i dont wanna say or write much, cause battle is so long...

Anyway, if any vet is here, people on agility(not an vet experts)told me back than that once dog get over bordetella he is immune for life..is that true if any vet is here, so pig is imune, too? Or this is just not true?

I asked his vet, but she said she s not sure and the one who is the boss and very experienced was not there..if i ever saw him again i ll sure ask him..but, now..if anybody of you know i am really curious and hope it is true

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:22 am

I did some googling. It doesn't look like it confers lifetime immunity, but the animal will continue to have bordatella in its nasal passages for life.

Lisa12

Post   » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:38 am

Thanks!
But doesnt that mean its like being vaccinated, cause its not in accute state??(with Ringo it was 14 days), if Irie can get over this state(thats what vet didnt wanna promise; but his friend did already, when he tought bacteria is different, so) that would be phenomenal. I belive in him, i have, too..

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:40 am

Lynx,
we re in crisis again...Irie is sneezing Quite a lot and he is not very active(I think antibiotic is the reason). After 21 days of Marbofloxacin results arent as they should be. To be completely honest, I didnt expect them to be and I wanted another antibiotic. I am no vet. But I want my pighealthy.

What would you do if he was your pig, please? Another vet, despite the fact that ours are *the best*? I dont know what to think of them, anymore:(

Do you think I should even start with Marbofloxacin nebulizer if it doesnt really help? Vet think wait till it Will help, cause its on anagram it should or whatever.

I was planing on switching to Doxy on Moneday(to rest his belly) and starting nebulizer tomorrow(the problem is cause no antibiotic didnt help him, but it sort of should, but what I am I suppose to do for vet to be happy lay down and wait till its all over-i dont get the waiting thing with them-never did and never Will).

On the other side I have Ringo vet he would do everything for us all three..I ll call him 100%, Ringo s only one alive in his litter still his breeder was so happy thanking me for taking care of him the way I do, but I need positive people around me, experienced to do such a thing with Irie, too..

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:13 am

Irie got so much worse, that I immidatly called another vet. I had no choice. He said that he can get Doxy but in tablets.. that would be okay if he uses it. He also told me that sneezing is from nose and not from lungs-coughing is-he was very very kind.. and that he thinks its virus that its problem, but that his vet said, too..it might be a virus, too-i dont promise anything.. and bacteria that was found.
Anyway..This other vet said he can give me Doxy, but it ll cost me some more as Irie is not his patient(so what). So, as he is exotic vet, too.. I ll ask him, if he can use doxy and nebulizer(marbocyl) at the same time and this is it..
I hope you ll help me with correct dossages..and how do you use tablets..do you mix it with water yourself?
Help is more than needed!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:56 am

I've never given Doxy in tablet form, so can only guess that you dissolve it in water and syringe it to him.

If all these antibiotics haven't helped him, the problem may not be bacterial at all. Fungi and viruses can also cause those symptoms, and neither would respond to antibiotics.

I'd want nebulized gentamycin with a steroid added in to see if that would help. If it doesn't, I'd give up on antibiotics as being anything useful.

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:13 am

Thank you so much for your answer!!!
Bacteria was found. So it is present-and it doesnt respond on antibiotics, not even under skin injections.. Virus is also present, they think(all vets think so-all i asked..)
I dont wish it upon anyone. Thats all i am gonna write.. I dont..bordetella- even name is like a snake..:(
He stood up and is asking for food.. I ll try doxy, too..as its only left to try.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:42 am

There's bacteria everywhere. The fact that they found it doesn't necessarily mean that's what's causing the pig's problem.

Doxy is NOT all that's left to try. Have you talked to them about gentamycin?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:47 am

Ditto on nebulizing with gentamycin. I have not read of any of our members nebulizing with marbofloxacin.

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:11 pm

Uh..i would say it is..cause Ringo had the same..symptoms are the same, discharge is watery-from nose, eyes-it looks totally it, man. It costs a lot and its microbiological research and they put pig on sterilized place and take it from nostryls directly, cause i know bacterias are even in the hay....they told me all that-if the one is best professor on veterinary collegue with 30years of experiences, they dont talk shit, i belive. They only wait a little too much for me..
But I take serious your advices..gentamycin.. I taught to try Doxy(I ll get it tomorrow from another vet and call ours if its okay to take it together, lol, i am so messed up i know) cause its on anagram that should react.. as is marbofloxacin..

So, that i wont write to much.. gentamycin..no, not yet..but anyway.. does gentamycin reacts on bordetella-? Cause otherwise, where is the point?

First nebulizing treatment went very succesfully he was little scared. Actually I checked if it Works and got this awfull smel directly in my face:S:p...but .. we made through it.. I am glad i have this at home:) But it need to work also

Thanks both...its the hardest time since i have animals(16 years). For sure.