Unsure of what happened to my pig

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:45 am

No, don't give it once a day. The dosage is designed to maintain steady levels of the medicine in his body. If you give a med just once a day that's designed to be given twice a day, you get strong peaks of the medicine, and then hours when there's almost none. It can actually make an infection worse.

I doubt that he'll have any problems on doxycycline.

Lisa12

Post   » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:03 am

Thank you very much!!:)
We ll start at 8 tomorrow than and at evening 20.00 so that i Will see if something is not right..

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:29 pm

I tend to think breaking it up into two doses is better too. I sure hope he responds to this antibiotic!

Lisa12

Post   » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:59 am

Thanks to you, too, we apriciate it!! Thanks for best wishes.. We ll do it in to dossages

I dont know what i would do without you..cause you even told me diagnosis before vets and i remember asking you if he s off antibiotics if there is more chances culture Will be positive and you said yes and his vet than said the same later, hehe:)..

I ll be at home for holidays-i cant go anywhere. cause of animals but i dont care-we ll celebrate at home with a lot of food:) Wish all of you all the best!!

Lisa12

Post   » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:59 am

Here we go again..
Irie cant poop..and he only took one dossage of doxycycline... Vet was worried and she was right.. he s a little bloated.
I think I just wont give him this anymore.. cause if he cant poop for long, he gets diharrea and that is dangerous for other infections to happen.
Another option is i give him Metoclopramide with it every day like when he was on bactrim..altough vet said that is not really too good..if you are just giving pig metoclopramide, cause that s heavy on the stomach, too..

What do you say?

Beside that...I think I am a little bit of done with all what I can do to help him..cause its so hard on him and is hard on me... i was at pet store and seller asked how is he..i said he s not good at all..and she just asked if i ll put him to sleep..i said honestly i would rather put myself to sleep..and she just said you know i belive you.. i was just thinking.. damn..vets know, she knows..all knows..i am completely in shit..i cant hide it even if i tried.

Lisa12

Post   » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:49 am

He s pooping...damn i am crazy.. i gave him a lot of critical care to speed up his belly system and somehow it worked slowly..i hope we ll made it through this two or three weeks..with nebulizer for a few more days and than this antibiotic..its the last oral antibiotic i ll give him, anyway..cause its just enough...and there aint much left if any to give him, anyway..

Lisa12

Post   » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:50 am

I mean with nebulizer and antibiotic(oral)he s taking both..

Lisa12

Post   » Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:00 pm

Okay.. Irie is still Quite bloated...i mean he s too bloated, I am very concerned. He s pooping normal
Now, I have very serious question:
Do you think if he took doxycyline by injection wont upset his stomach?
Thats my last question really..if you think one per day dossage is not effective..but than..for dogs it is..i dont get it..

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:38 pm

If he's pooping, he's not bloated.

Lisa12

Post   » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:30 am

thanks for everything..but he is..his belly is twice size..i called vet who gave me Doxy..he said if he took it twice and reacted like that, there is absolutely no chance to continue cause he may not make it. I dont have your knowledge of pigs or i am nowhere near.
But we cant kill Irie, I cant take that response on myself..i was crying so many times over him..really. And nothing could help-and he stopped eating..he only ate a bit of salad and i force fed him..i didnt sleep like 1h and i am not kidding.

I am not giving up and never will..but very sadly i am sure he cant take oral no antibiotic like ever again-he still cries when he poops-and i swear if he wasnt on benebac lord knows he wouldnt be with us anymore. MAybe we ll try to put different stuff in nebulizer..or injections if his vet agree to try again,..cause he really ..they said i have bad luck with pigs cause my pigs are always so sensitive. They are. I love them tough..they told me they didnt see that reaction on bactrim..what can i say.. I tried to force him cause he s a fighter to take all this i did, but this one is just not working.

If you can put liquid Doxycyline in nebulizer..or you think i should try getamicin..and how long he should have took it i will try it. All advices of yours are appriciated and needed. I respect you guys and i always will..on our national forum..people just dont know like nothing, literally. I know the most, sadly. And who am I? I only had four pigs.. they all had different health issues..if not sooner, later.

And I love Irie..so much..more than I ll love like any guy or i dont know whoelse ever. Really. But this one it was scary. I cannot show you but you would know what i am talking about if you saw him, you know. He is still not moving much. I hope he will. Soon. If I would give him tablet again..icouldnt you know..i am so sorry i am not better owner to him..and i am sorry for long post..i am just so upset, y know..

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:50 am

I am so sorry he is having such serious difficulties.

Read over the links here:
www.guinealynx.info/emergency.html#bloat

This forum topic discusses treatment of severe bloat:
https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=39445

It is vitally important to get the bloat under control and get food moving through the system. Are there any other more experienced vets in the area who can help you?

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:41 pm

Thanks!!!
He survived, luckily..It was very very difficult..he was unbloated after 4 days with forcefeding and no fresh veggies..he is okay since wednesday.
I was with my sister at his vets today. Thoose pigs adventures are killing me..i swear.. So you pig owners are nuts in positive way!!!
He was very kind and told his oppinion. Its fact Irie is not healthy, anyway, with nasal discharge and sneezing..

Vet thinks Irie cant recover cause of asthma..or something like that. He thinks something in our place is bothering him..but I cleaned everything, ok, i ll change myself totally. I ll clean everything as crazy,,..like really. but still..I dont 100%buy that, but i respect his oppinion very much if i wouldnt i wouldnt be there and he s got a lot of experience..you have to choose one vet, right. But with pigs i am so pissed and upset, cause its very hard that someone Will sort everything out for you like Ringo and Ziggy s vet did.. for us.

However..cause IRie is feeling very well again, through this ilness or baccterial infection or whatever it is called and he doesnt respond on oral antibiotics(the one he was able to take), he said he wont give him injections or oral..if he s feeling alright and he got fat again.

but we got gentamicyn in nebulizer..like you said.. i dont know..i hope it helps. I dont know what to think anymore, but I suppose we did our best. He also said he could take doxycyline, but he wasnt suprised at least he didnt seem that Irie s belly cant handle it..he cant.. like i cant eat junk food..i throw up or i ve got such a heavy stomach pains.. thats unusual too..but I understand Irie s problem, cause i am the same. I am not pig and it cant be fatal, but lord knows, really. If i would be on pizza for a week..i wouldnt make it..i am sure. So I eat little and healthy, but Irie is pig and he needs to eat a lot and all the time so he needs his belly in perfect condition!:) .. now, we have this for 14 days..but we ll wait a little..cause after incident i want give Irie bit of peace with all the stuff.. if it would clear discharge..that would be perfect..like, really. We can dream..:)