Unsure of what happened to my pig

rjespicer

Post   » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:50 pm

This is the one we use, found it on the German Amazon site. I haven't seen the one that you linked to before.

You can also get it as a powder which you can sprinkle on his food.

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:02 pm

Thanks..but they dont send it to Slovenia..:(

rjespicer

Post   » Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:38 pm

OK that's a shame

I was just puzzled by the packaging as it doesn't look like any I have seen, even on their website, it also doesn't say "Plus" and is green rather than blue. The ones they do for Birds and Lizards are usually green so I am not sure if it is the same stuff.

https://www.petag.com/products/health-a ... animal-gel

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:01 pm

If you can find the active ingredient list for this product, you will be able to tell if they are similar. Just compare it to what you have.

Lisa12

Post   » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:49 am

I ordered from USA(the right one-blue and white bene bac plus)...I hope it Will come soon..:)

Yeah, I checked, you are right, rjespicer, it is for birds and lizards..;S.

ITs great stuff, they said they have Prolac at our dog vets but I dont know this, so..I opted for bene bac as you recommend it and it helps us..

rjespicer

Post   » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:01 pm

Well our 3 like it and even if it hasn't been shown to be effective it doesn't hurt to try it and it seems to have helped ours although that may just be coincidence.
We also give them the Oxbow Digestive Support Treats and some of the Oxbow Papaya Support ones as well but those are harder to find these days.

Lisa12

Post   » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:05 pm

It helped IRie..its proven. He had diharrea on antibiotic and now he has an amazing poops..

But today all hell just broke loose.. I was crying again..i wont go to collegue tomorrow, i just cant..i was crying on my way to it with my two friends today..but i didnt want to let them down as we had to go somewhere for a project together.. Tomorrow i aint going

HE is on day ten of Marbofloxacin treatment and it seemed working slowly, but than watery discharge today, sneezing.. He eats a lot, thats positive.
Vet didnt want to promise anything-i would prefer antibiotic that he didnt get and not the one he got but its not working-thisone is safe tough. I am calling vettomorrow, i have no idea what she ll say(woman vet is the kindest and she cares about Irie so much-i have to keep Lynx safe antibiotics list with me).

They said he should be better after a week so this today means antibiotic is not working again?

If you have advice, pleaseee:(I am so upset.. With eyes its better(that was horrible, but with discharge and sneezing is not, it came back)...I dont even know should i isolate him from Ringo if thats even the case, cause Ringo is not touching him in anyway-no contact just looking

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:47 pm

The dangerous medications list is perhaps the more important. The safe medications list does not necessarily list everything that can be used. But it is what we have. For example, some vets may use other drugs that are in the same family as enroflaxacin (like marbofloxacin). Azithromycin has been used to but a few guinea pigs have reacted badly.

Lisa12

Post   » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:31 pm

My pig, Gizmo, came home from Petsmart with bordetella, and it was a harrowing experience to deal with and he had recurring infections for months afterwards. I believe we ended up running through 4 differing antibiotics over a period of 4-5 months to finally get him cleared up.

Even if it is "very difficult" to transmit, it's such a virulent, fast moving disease in guinea pigs, and they are so much more susceptible to respiratory issues that I wouldn't just shrug off any advice given to try and keep them separate.

Thats from the link..damn..we ve been dealing with it for 2months, 10days..it was worse and better..and very worse..and better..and now.sort of worse again..Cause vets didnt know he was taking too small dossage of some stuff-shit..cause he tought he must have same than Galli-how could vet just think so.. I cant give up..I just cant.. He should be alright by moneday but he s apparently not(14 days of marbofloxacin-its overused and it doesnt work for some rats and others as well or so i heard, but i know its safe+our case just aint easy.)

Hey i ll wrote name of this new medication here tomorrow and if you all would be so kind and wrote what you think and know about it pleaaseee.. keep fingers crossed for us..please..i ll promise myself i wont have any new animals like ever and i would put everything i ve got and even what i dont to save Irie and to make Ringo s old age as cool as it gets..what can i do more..:(

Lisa12

Post   » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:17 am

Last update..

Vet was in a bad mood today, so bad i was sorry i havent spoken to the one who gave him Marbofloxacin:(. But than she said she ll ask him if he agrees we wait till moneday as it would cause him more damage if we stop treatment now and he should have taken it for at least 14 days.. but than he s her boss and they dont care so much for you know..i always am shocked how they cant do more for all people like me and you who really are trying.

I ll go get him as much grass as I can...and i ll spray it with orange juice..(from orange). It s shame they couldnt save Galli and now with Irie they re i dont know.. they just dont know what to do or more likely they dont wanna say it(vet thing)-i wanna know everything, they dont tell.

We ll go offline. I would like to thank again for anybody who helped us with advices... Its nice but tough having pigs. Very. Medical treatment should be better..i wanted ask for doxy, but even if i would i heavily doubt they would gave it to us-probably not like I ever was impolite or wanted something bad..but you cant even ask..man I can ask dog vet everything..he never raised an eyebrow even at me and he knew i am so overworried..

Best regards from us.. we ll keep on fighting... we ll keep on hoping we can figure this out..if i only know how to help Irie the way I helped Ringo... damn.. all antibiotics were from anagram what, now..maybe there are three left, out of 7 or whatever it was shown... just insane.

Bye bye..

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:36 pm

Read over www.guinealynx.info/antibiotic_advice.html

You ask how quickly you should see results. If a guinea pig goes downhill instead, there is a compelling case for switching. There is method to trying a different antibiotic if one is not working.

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:28 am

Thanks.. I see we wont go offline just yet:)

After a week, he said, but than Irie is sick for so long it can last longer, they aint experienced with bordetella succesfully in pigs, only in rabbits. He choose 21 days for Irie of baytril, right as you wrote marbofloxacin is similar than enrofloxacin?? I would like more then them all for this treatment to work.
But one vet mistook bordetella for allergies?!?!?! How do you sleep at night with that one..i dont get it.
http://www.ewildagain.org/assets/bordet ... els-10.pdf

I ll change the vet and the meds next week if it wont be better and they wont give new antibiotics. Ringo s vet would give him doxy straight away with smile on his face(iv or oral) as he always wanna help us and he s very near us..but is it same for dogs and for pigs, do you maybe know?