How to tell if they need a vet after swallowing something too big?

Post Reply

Post   » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:06 pm

One of my girls got her paws on some apple stem and swallowed it too eagerly. I could see her straining and struggling to swallow it, her ears flappin, but by time I caught her and got her mouth open it was too far gone to pull out. Is there anything I should do for her? Any signs to look out for that she needs the vet?

And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:11 pm

If she's breathing ok and still eating, just watch to make sure she's still pooping.

And FYI, I wouldn't give her apple stems. I'm not a big fan of giving them anything small. Now that I'm down to one pig, I don't chop anything up. When I had more than one, I only cut things in enough pieces to give every pig a chance to get some.


Post   » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:02 pm

Thanks bpatters. It was definitely a mistake to let her have it. Thanks for the advice!

Post Reply
3 posts • Page 1 of 1