Popping sound from nose

tofargone

Post   » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:28 am

This has been going on for a while now with my girl Turtle. We have seen the vet and she has been on meds. Theres been a slow decline in weight for the last three weeks. Basicly I noticed a poping sound from her nose when she breaths. Now the sound has gotten better, she's currently on Doxycline and I've been feeding her critical care since the 3rd. The vet says its not in her lungs, but in her head. But he's not giving me a real answer as to what it might be. I know when she gets really panicy and starts to breath hard the sound is louder. She's a very shy girl, over year almost 2. I've only had her and her sister for a few months. I'm just wondering if anyone can give me some idea of what this might possibly be. I'm starting to really worry about her, her last weight in last week was 880g.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:45 am

She could have snuffled something up her nose, or have a sinus infection.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:50 am

Can you give dates for her weight? What are you comparing the 880g to?

Does she try to breath through her mouth when she is having issues with breathing through her nose?

tofargone

Post   » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:34 am

5-3-18 - 980g - first vet appointment when I got them
9-11-18 - 906g - first sick appointment with vet
9-22-18 - 887g - recheck
10-3-18 - 880g - just a weight in

And no she doesnt open her mouth to breath. I'll try to see if I cant get a video of her and see if the sound gets picked up. I'm taking her in today for another weight check. I'm sure my scale has been off, so these are all done at the vets office on theirs till I get something better. Or calibrate my scale right.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:30 pm

Bring along a couple one or two pound items that you always have around. Write their weight underneath and you can use them to check your own scale.

tofargone

Post   » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:19 pm

I bought some gram weights to check my scale with. But she wasnt popping today when I went to give her meds and critical care. So, hopefuly she's improving and today wasnt just a fluke.

6 posts • Page 1 of 1