Very deep facial abscess. Need advice.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:12 pm

I encourage you to do a search of the forums. This is one post I put up that may be helpful to you:
https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... 3#p2290743

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:49 pm

I'd want another opinion from another vet, preferably one with rodent dental experience.

Sunnysuni

Post   » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:13 am

Hi everyone. Fudge was put to rest on the 18/1/19. She was just not able to eat on her own, and developed a heart condition and was struggling to breathe. It was one of the most difficult decisions I've had to make.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their help throughout the months. May you all have a wonderful new year.

TeddyGram
Supporter

Post   » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:14 am

My heart is with you. I am so sorry for you and Fudge.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:33 am

I'm so very sorry.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:45 am

I am so sorry for your loss, Sunnysuni.

jolly12524

Post   » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:26 pm

With out guinea pig we Had been flashing with hibiclens blue bottle you can get At wal mart ,our abscess was on the side of neck and after it was removed it was huge hole , you have to dilute hibiclens with water so it will become light pink cause it’s a concentrate it smells like dish liquid and it’s foamimg a bit but I did worked miracle for Jolly our piggie we flashed with curve syringe up to even 4 times a day for almost 3 months but it healed it takes lots of time and dedication . Good luck !!

Sunnysuni

Post   » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:57 pm

Hi Jolly12524. My guinea pig which had the abscess has since passed away. Thank you for your advice, however.

If anyone is interested in how I cleaned Fudge's abscess/gave her her medications, and also how I hand fed her/DIY critical care recipe, please have a look at my YouTube channel SunnySuni. Maybe you could share those videos to anyone who has similar problems in future. Maybe they could help someone.

Have a great day all.