Teddy's Medical Topic - Bloat pain

TeddyGram
Supporter

Post   » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:12 pm

The vet helped us wrap him in a soft red fleece with fresh flowers. She had a box for this purpose but we’re used a shoebox. He is nestled in with a fresh kale leaf and Timothy buds. My partner prepared a little grave, deep enough next to a flowering bush in my backyard. My daughter facetimed in. We lit a candle, sang his song, and told Teddy stories and then said goodnight, sweet boy. He had such charisma! He made friends with everyone who ever came to our home. He was a loud wheeker and let me know how happy he was when I get home from work every day. He knew it was playtime. He could hear the refrigerator door open from a mile away and was convinced it was always going to be a lettuce leaf for him. (It wasn’t :). He would relax and truly sleep when my partner and I played guitars and sang. He loved playing peek a boo with a little towel and especially liked nestling up tight by my neck and chin. Thanks to whomever read all this. I think I got carried away. Please let me know we’re not the only piggie parents who can’t stop crying over a loss like this.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:45 am

Loss can hurt so much. I think many of us have experienced this pain. I think writing down those wonderful things about him, collecting a few of your favorite pictures, will help you remember the best of him at a future time when the pain is not so sharp.

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:39 am

I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am. Lynx is right, collect a few (or lots) of pictures; write down your favorite memories of him. When the time is right, you can put them in a scrapbook for him. I have a book that I've put together for all of my pets.

Rest in peace, Teddy. You are so very loved and missed.

rjespicer

Post   » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:09 pm

You are not alone believe me.
I miss our little girl Mu Mu everyday and every time I read these forums and see that someone elses piggy has passed it gets very dusty and my eyes water.
Pictures and stories are good plus what ever else helps you get through it. I have a picture of Mu Mu with a water bowl and haybuds next to it in the room where she passed. I have to keep refilling the water, most likely due to evaporation but who knows.

TeddyGram
Supporter

Post   » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:13 pm

You are all so compassionate. And I copied and pasted Teddys story from this site as I’ve told all of you. We have more at home I will keep the stories and many, many photos together. Your understanding is beyond what I could hope. And maybe his story here, some day, will help someone else feel as understood as I have.

piggylover49

Post   » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:29 am

I am so sorry for your loss. You took the best care of Teddy you could- he was very lucky to be able to live with you. He sounds like such a sweet piggy, I’m really sorry you lost him.

As others said, you’re definitely not the only ones who are very after a loss of a piggie.

I fostered two guinea pigs, Jasmine and Pigsy. After I fostered them, they went on the live with a not-so-responsible owner. When I heard Jasmine passed away, I was so sad and angry. For her weight loss and symptoms it was obvious she was sick- and she was only two. What I did was I wrote an essay to our local animal shelter about my story with Jasmine and why I thought I should be allowed to volunteer (I’m still a teen so I’m under the age limit) and just worked on it nonstop until I finished and sent it to them. I also made a donation to an animal shelter in her honor.

The next day after hearing the news, I visited Jasmine’s owner, and clipped all of her piggies’ nails (she says she’s too scared to).

For me doing good in the community helped me feel better. I felt like I was helping other guinea pigs, like Jasmine would have wanted me to do. It’s different for every person, but I felt like this really helped me.

Again, I’m really sorry for your loss. You have all of our sympathy.