I need help, we dont know what's wrong with my Guinea pig!

Guineaspot

Post   » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:54 pm

So my Guinea pig who's almost one and a half years old has a swollen crusty eye that looks like pus is coming out. We put lavender on it and clean it daily, but we dont know what'swrong. We've also noticed her nose looks really red on half of it like she scratched it and the blood dried. Also, her legs have a few of the same cuts and we are severely worried. She lives with our rabbit coco, but they get along well and never fought. Also the scratch Mark's or infected areas dont look like something from coco.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:38 pm

Vet. Now. Pus coming from the eye is nothing to fool around with.

Also, rabbits and guinea pigs should never live together. Bordatella is pretty endemic in rabbits, and can kill a guinea pig.

The scratches on her leg are either from the rabbit, or because she's self-mutilating because her legs are bothering her.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:09 pm

Ditto everything bpatters says. Especially vet now. This sounds like an emergency. Do not house your guinea pig and rabbit together.
www.guinealynx.info/eyes.html

Guineaspot

Post   » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:08 pm

This morning at 10:40 Patches, my shorthair cavy died. We had planned on getting her to the vet straight away tomorrow, the only time we could, because she had carried a disease from our rabbit whi really did love her, Coco. As sad as it us I have to move on as my rabbit still needs care, and I will most likely be less active reposting until further notice.
R.I.P Patches August 23 2017-January 13 2019

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:44 pm

Getting her to the vet "straight away" would have been on January 3 or 4, not January 13.

Please don't get any more pets unless you plan to provide timely veterinary care.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:18 pm

I am sorry to hear she died.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:14 pm

Actually, something had been wrong with the pig's eye since September, if this post is any indication.