Young pig refused veggies last night

TheCageCleaner

Post   » Wed May 29, 2019 9:16 am

Thanks. She was always very skittish and hid from everything with mom at the rescue. I have two females and a neutered boar in the main cage so barring any introduction issues she will be very occupied with them. I think she will benefit greatly.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed May 29, 2019 10:12 am

TheCageCleaner

Post   » Wed May 29, 2019 10:19 am

Thank you SO much, Lynx. This looks exactly like what we're dealing with. The side of her cage she's avoiding is up against my nightstand at the moment so if something fell overnight while she was there I can see why she'd spook. There was nothing fallen in the cage, thank goodness.

I went home for lunch to check on her and she is still favoring the opposite side but she did take some bites of a vitamin C tab while I held her. We swapped her fleece hide on the 'bad' side for a pigloo on the 'good' side and she did go back into it when I put her back, and she took some lettuce from my hand. Definitely going to completely clean and possibly re-orient (cage is on wheels) when I get home for the day.

TheCageCleaner

Post   » Wed May 29, 2019 11:20 pm

Happy update: The full cleaning completely fixed the behaviors, and we ended up finishing the cage and introducing her to the herd this evening. Will post pics in our thread in Cavy Chronicles. :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed May 29, 2019 11:24 pm

That is good news!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed May 29, 2019 11:27 pm

Good news indeed! Looking forward to pics.