Broken tooth??

Krw

Post   » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:23 am

Today I was trimming my pig's nails when I decided to do a random mouth check, just to see how her teeth are. I do this every now and then just to make sure she doesn't have outrageous pig teeth. I noticed, however, that her bottom right tooth has been cut in half. I'm assuming she broke the top half of the tooth off while I was on vacation, but I honestly don't know. Shes acting fine and I wouldn't have even noticed if I didn't check. I just wanted to know if there is any special things I should do, as this is the first time I've ever really dealt with a broken tooth. Should I get the other bottom one trimmed? Is there anything I should look for? Thanks in advance everyone!!

sef1268
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:56 am

If there is no redness or swelling at the gumline, it should be okay. See: http://www.guinealynx.info/teeth_broken.html

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:31 am

Make sure she's eating and drinking normally, especially greens and hay. If she's having any trouble, cut her greens in smaller pieces. You can also cut her hay into smaller pieces if necessary.

Otherwise, ditto Sef. Their teeth grow back incredibly quickly. Don't worry about trimming the other one, at least not for right now. The broken tooth should regrow to match the other.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:26 pm

You can weigh her daily to ensure she is doing fine eating herself (I think she will).

4 posts • Page 1 of 1