Button's breathing

dribble

Post   » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:24 pm

The drug Dr. Burgess wants to use with the Flagyl is Marboflaxacin. I don't know why but since I end up going to their office like every other day I'll find out soon enough.

On Wednesday Button is having TWO ultrasounds: One for the throat and one for his heart. And it's only going to cost me.... $1,000! If they find something I'm not sure I can afford to fix it!

Another appointment the day after is for Maya, who has a (probable) lipoma growing slowly on her shoulder that will need surgery. One of my kids, Cosmo, had a pee test and it's full of protein so he is entering kidney failure. That leaves exactly one healthy pig, Evelyn. All she has is a cloudy eye from an injury, and it doesn't hurt or get worse so... yay?

But it's OK, I didn't really want to see Italy or Australia anyway. :(

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:56 pm

Poor Button, Maya and Cosmo! I hope Evelyn stays healthy!

Will they be doing some kind of special ultrasound procedure? Will they hand you a full length film of the event?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:46 pm

Good grief, you are having more than your fair share of piggy problems lately. I'm so sorry that you still don't have any answers for Button. Hopefully one or the other ultrasound will give you something more definitive.

Good luck...keeping all of you in my thoughts.

dribble

Post   » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:28 am

Tonight I decided not to do the ultrasounds. I don’t have a spare $1K and in the end no matter what they find I’m pretty certain it’s not fixable. Button will get the best life I can offer, as have all the pigs I’ve had the pleasure to know.

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:23 am

I am not trying to be all smart and all that,really, but I would do heart ultrasound.You never know what they found prior.

I went at the age 23 on heart ultrasound and the found mitral whatever prolapse(sorry my english) or whatever-cause i had some unexplained chest pains that came out of nowhere, despite playing football for over 15 years and being extreamly active..i mean.. and they never heard it before despite i was born with it. I would defenetly do it and wish your pig the best..at least heart one.. And maybe it is fixable. IRie used Marbofloxacin and had no problems with it...our vets regulary use it.:)

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:08 am

It's a tough call. $1K is a lot of money to plunk down for diagnostics that may or may not reveal anything useful. I think if it were me and I were able to reasonably rule out heart issues, I would tend to feel the same way. As I said, our Lewis had some sort of issue with his nasal passage that caused him to wheeze fairly regularly (particularly when eating), but it didn't seem to bother him otherwise and he thrived.

Unless you would want to get a second opinion with another vet who might be more open to treating whatever they find, I'm not sure how helpful more tests under Burgess would be. Just my $.02.