My guinea pig has dark nipples?

reesespuff

Post   » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:43 pm

When I was picking her up today, I caught a glimpse of her nipples, which, for some reason, were suddenly dark. I could have sworn they were light pink, since forever. When I brought her to the vet a year ago, I would think I would remember if her nipples were dark brown. I tried to touch one gently, and to me it feels very limp and weak. I don't know if they were always like that, and I never touched them before, so I can't say if it's normal or not.

I tried taking a picture, but this is the only good one I got. I'm also not sure if the image will still stay for long or if it wont show up after a while.

Both of them look like that, by the way,

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:16 pm

How old is she?

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:37 pm

Let me know if you'd like your photo added permanently to your topic.

I would not be surprised if the nipple color changes, perhaps getting darker (on average).

You might also want to apply some cold pressed coconut oil on them if you have any, in case it is older dried skin and underneath looks more normal.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:41 am

I have seen various pigs change skin color in certain places over the years that they lived, so this would not surprise me. It's usually very noticeable on the ears and belly.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1