I'm worried about Rosie.

Paravati
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:50 pm

I am having a problem with the scanner and the Xrays. After I scanned them I realized that they aren't scanning right. I can clearly see thing on the xRay with my eyes (like Rosie's incisors) that are not showing up on the scan. I'm trying to work this out, it might take a little while longer.

Paravati
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:09 pm

http://photos.imageevent.com/paravati/r ... chin_w.jpg

This is the view from the chin upwards. The vet pointed out some areas that are supposed to be more black that aren't - part of his sinuses and inner ears.

http://photos.imageevent.com/paravati/r ... side_w.jpg

This is the best I could do with my scanner. On the actual X-Ray you can see his incisors and you can also see a darker 'lumpy' area under the chin where the abcess is. It is clearly not near his jaw bones.

pinta

Post   » Fri Nov 28, 2003 4:46 pm

Check to make sure they are emulsion side down on the scanner. You can also try lightening them. As long as the whole image is lightened and you don't try to highlight just one area, the xray will "make sense".

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Fri Nov 28, 2003 6:58 pm

With transparent things like x-rays and ultrasound films, I've had far better luck taping them up to a sunny window (or other even light source) and taking a picture with the digital camera.

You might want to try that, I got much better contrast and detail when I did that.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Nov 28, 2003 7:27 pm

If it is any consolation, acetaminaphen is listed as an analgesic in at least one med book. But adding any drug to the water is nuts, as we all think.

Paravati
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:26 pm

Ok, we are going to try the liquid acetaminophen by mouth twice a day (half the 1mg dose at a time). I am trying to tape the XRays to a monitor to see if I can take a picture of them, and have that work out any better.

Lynx, can you please edit my previous post and make those two X-Rays links? I don't want to cram this page with terrible pics that have to upload each time. The new Xrays I will just load the links for. Thanks.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:30 pm

For what it's worth, one of ours has received 1 mg of Tylenol a day for over a year and a half, with no ill effect (that I can tell -- liver problems don't manifest clearly as I understand it). It has helped him tremendously.

If your liquid acetominaphen is 1 mg/ml, one ml = one cc and 0.5 cc twice a day would equate to what we were prescribed.

Paravati
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:32 pm

Thanks, Talishan. It was actually your post over in the acetaminophen thread that convinced me to give it a try. I appreciate your input.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:36 pm

Good luck, Para. Our best wishes and warm thoughts are with Rosie.

We mixed it with baby pear juice, being very careful with the calculations. He loves it and takes it readily.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Nov 28, 2003 8:41 pm

Okay, turned them into links.

Paravati
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:00 pm

Okay. I taped the X-Rays to my monitor and used a digital camera (thanks for the suggestion!!). These are definitely NOT perfect but I think they are better than the previous links. I played around with my monitor brightness and the whitepoint and light settings on the camera to get what I felt to be better overall looks at these Xrays.

This link is blown out but it shows the "soft tissue" area below his chin. There is a dirt speck on the Xray just to the right of it. This area is where the mass is, below the jaw. The vet feels that it's not involving any of the teeth, or the jawbone itself. That it's located directly in the center between the angular jaw bones, in the soft tissue.

http://photos.imageevent.com/paravati/r ... ide2aw.jpg

This one is a better overall shot, but you can't see the soft tissue mass as well. Do Rosie's Roots look elongated, or normal?

http://photos.imageevent.com/paravati/r ... Side3w.jpg

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:05 pm

I don't know much but don't think the teeth look elongated.