I'm worried about Rosie.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:46 pm

Argghh! I'm so sorry.

GuineaTwin

Post   » Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:16 pm

Ok its taken me 2 hours to read through all the posts and find out about everything that was talked about, BUT! I finally finished and it sounds like Rosie really knows how to hang on and I Hope he hangs on through this too.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:17 pm

Very frustrating. At least you have something to keep the abscess at bay but we all wish it would just go away.

monique2

Post   » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:18 pm

That is one annoying batch of bacteria. Hope it continues to respond to the Baytril.

Candy Bandy

Post   » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:25 pm

I have learned a lot about guinea pig teeth through others experiences on this site, and today had my favorite little friend put to sleep. Her molars had been problematic, and I was feeding her with a syringe daily. It just didn't seem fair to have her continue on. She had the molars filed and the incisors clipped twice. Her weight had dropped from 2.11 lbs down to 1.6 lbs. I have 5 other guineas, and hope this does not happen with them.

The vet did tell me that vitamin C daily helps prevent this. Something to do the the jawbone, and the tooth in the socket not moving side to side. At any rate, her name was Candy, with callico colored fur. She was beautiful and my best little buddy, I'll miss her....

Good luck to any others who encounter tooth / jaw problems.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:32 pm

I'm so sorry about your guinea pig. Adequate vitamin C is important. With a good diet, supplementation is usually not necessary.