Critical Care Probs, and bloating

melcvt00

Post   » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:11 pm

*hugs*

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:29 pm

I'm so sorry. I seriously doubt that feeding him CC could have caused intestinal death, and the stricture couldn't have been fixed without surgery. Poor little guy.

pinta

Post   » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:06 am

I'm so sorry

SandraVE

Post   » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:47 am

I was thinking 'bowel obstruction' when I read your thread a couple of days ago. I'm sorry he didn't make it. We all know how hard you tried to save him.

lisam

Post   » Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:30 am

I am sorry.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:53 am

I'm very sorry to hear Alfie is gone. It is comforting to know he's no longer suffering but it is so hard to accept the loss.

xxrw2

Post   » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:02 am

I'm so so sorry you lost him. It's so hard to see such sweet little creatures sick. I just went through this with one of my girls and lost her too. I'm curious just for learning purposes when you talked about removing air from him were you needle tapping him? I want to learn what I can and hope you don't mind the question.
Take care!

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:49 am

I too am so very sorry. It seems like the sickest ones really capture your heart. You did all you could, he is no longer suffering.

ThatKat

Post   » Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:45 am

Yes, we were doing needle taps. When Doc was trying to revive him he removed like 80 cc's total from his belly using a stopcock (that's what it's called!) and a 20 cc syringe so that he didn't have to reinsert the needle.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:43 pm

I am so very sorry to hear this, ThatKat. Please know that you have our understanding, care, concern and sympathy. Bless his little spirit, comfortable and pain-free now.

I really don't think CC could have caused such a stricture.

ThatKat

Post   » Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:14 pm

I finally got pictures of Alfie's X Rays. You can tell that the stool isn't close to the rectal area, but you can't really see a stricture there because it looks like there is gas and stool all over the place! Unless somebody here can identify the problem area, I'm thinking it is in that mass of intestines on the right side... kinda where it makes a Y shape? Right in the middle of the top of the V? Maybe I can circle it with my photo editor....

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:30 pm

If you have a larger version, you can email it to me and I'll put up a link to it.

Don't know how to read xrays so I can't really comment.