Bedding Options

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Sun Jun 30, 2002 6:30 pm

What´s the del with the newspaper?! Mine love it too. Thank you for the details. I´m spending about $20 a week right now on bedding. I could do it for less, by buying cheaper bedding, but this works for us. I think I may try the polar fleece in the are where they sleep and see how it goes there. They just pee and poo wherever they are, don´t they. I bet they poop and pee in their sleep! I´ll let you know how it goes. Mine pee in the hay area a lot too. They are just little animals aren´t they!?

youngseph

Post   » Sun Jun 30, 2002 11:20 pm

i rarely have wet beding when i got my pigs they were potty trained already put a liter box in the corner they only have 2 poops out of the box a week i still change it every 4 days though.

KarasKavies

Post   » Sun Jun 30, 2002 11:34 pm

youngseph, use punctuation so we can read your posts!

"I rarely have wet bedding. When I got my pigs they were potty trained. I already put a litter box in the corner. They only have 2 poops out of the box a week. I still change it every 4 days though."

See?!

I sure wish I could get my girls to go in one spot. We are working on it during floor time.

rosieandco

Post   » Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:02 am

One of my pigs is pooping in the one spot (Padme I think) now if only they would all follow her example...

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:14 am

kara, mine use litter boxes outside the cage, but they don´t give a hoot where they go inside of it... If they would figure things out in the cage maybe I would only need to change the darn thing once a week!

pinta

Post   » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:21 am

KK, how do you know it´s not like this?

I rarely have wet beding when I got my pigs. They were potty trained. Already put a liter box in the corner. They only have 2 poops out of the box a week. I still change it every 4 days though.

I was wondering which ones were potty trained. Youngseph or the pigs?

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:23 am

too funny

KarasKavies

Post   » Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:27 am

HELLO, P!! You have a lot of work to do around here. With E gone, it´s double duty!

By the maturity of the remarks I´ve seen all day, I think your version is more accurate.

28 posts