Vegetable pictures

tina_3869

Post   » Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:29 am

Does anyone know of a good site that shows pictures of vegetables? I´m not much of a gardener and the way my grocer has the produce isle set up you´d have to be a code cracker to know what was where. It would also be helpful if it were a GP site and showed pics of vegies that were piggy prefered.

BTW, I did do a search on the web and unless you´re over 21 you don´t want to know what the search results for detailed vegetable pictures turns up.

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Tue Jul 09, 2002 1:34 pm

I have found SOME photos of veggies, but it is hard. And, like you say, the results can be quite interesting.

gracielee
Me, too!

Post   » Tue Jul 09, 2002 3:44 pm

Try www.about produce.com. I think they have online pictures and lots of info on common and exotic veggies.

Kat

Post   » Thu Jul 11, 2002 11:28 pm

You could try gardening webistes and seed manufacturers. Some you could try are:
www.yates.com.au -- Yates is a company that sells seeds, potting mixes etc.
www.abc.net.au/gardening -- Website for "Gardening Australia", an Australian gardening show.
www.burkesbackyard.com.au -- "Burke´s Backyard", another Australian gardening show.

On second thoughts, those links might not be any help, being Australian sites and all.
Last edited by Kat on Thu Jul 11, 2002 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Animal Lover

Post   » Fri Jul 12, 2002 1:36 am

Try this one, it doesn´t have pics for all of the veggies, but a good bit of them.

http://www.angeyswebdesigns.com/shoppinglist.htm

tina_3869

Post   » Fri Jul 12, 2002 11:27 am

Animal lover, THAT is the one I was looking for I knew I had seen it somewhere and lost it, now I have it bookmarked. The other sites are great too, thanks to everyone. I was looking for the one animal lover sent because it had pictures of plants growing in my backyard.

Thank you again.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Fri Jul 12, 2002 4:12 pm

Hey guys, my friend runs that site, if there is a picture that is not there, and you have or know of a picture for that item, she would appreciate it if you would send it her way!

angey@angeyswebdesigns.com

Thanks!!!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jul 12, 2002 8:52 pm

Having is best. Not nice to confiscate pics -- and these would be so easy to do (i.e. you don´t have to capture them and risk life and limb to get a pic).

tina_3869

Post   » Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:05 pm

We have our site set up so that you are unable to download any picture on there, without purchasing it from us for a small fee ofcourse. Do you do that here Lynx? You really should.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jul 12, 2002 9:12 pm

Most of the pics are copyrighted (some not to me).

It is really a waste of time to try to prevent anyone from copying pics -- so long as it is displayed and you can see it, there is a way around it. For someone who is not knowledgeable about web pages, you can slow someone down -- but you can´t stop them.

I think the more important thing is that pics are not used on another site.