Hollister FundRaiser - Msg for Teresa & Pigpal

ShowMe

Post   » Tue Aug 13, 2002 5:16 pm

Too bad that little red abby isn´t a boy - you could name him Opie.

And Nightlight ;) could be Otis.

Otis was my favorite character on that show. Wonder what that says about me?

Karen
Slug Whisperer

Post   » Tue Aug 13, 2002 5:34 pm

That your old and like to do laundry........hee hee hee!!!
Sorry, you know me, I just couldn´t resist!!!

ShowMe

Post   » Tue Aug 13, 2002 6:38 pm

Wow, now that´s a hidden meaning!

Don´t be giving away all my secrets, Aunt Bea!

gracielee
Me, too!

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2002 10:59 am

Kqren,
You have a friend that draws pig pictures?????? Is she interested in fund-raising, too? There are a lot of pig-lovers lurking on the board who would probably jump at the chance to have a drawing of their favorite cavy!

P.S.- is it a flowerd apron, or one of those frilly "hostess" aprons from the ´50s? I go for the frilly one, complete with heels, perfect hair, fresh lipstick, and a smile of contentment at being the "perfect" woman of the home.

Karen
Slug Whisperer

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2002 12:04 pm

I friend/co-worker of mine is quite the artist, her talents are definitely being wastsed by working for the federal gov´t. Whenever we have fundraisers, etc. at work she draws up all the posters and art work for us, she is amazing! Plus very generous, she won´t even let us buy the paper and supplies for it but we always managed to sneak her a gift certificate anyways (usually from an art/craft store).

Let me say, just give me an apron with pigs on it and a pair of runners and I´ll bake well until the night. Can´t really say I´m the "frilly" type..........hee hee!!! As for the perfect woman image........I think my husband may have a few comments about that........hee hee!!!

Karen
Slug Whisperer

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2002 3:41 pm

Ok fund update: approx $166.00

lilliesj

Post   » Wed Aug 14, 2002 8:30 pm

Hi Karen, came to GL,and registered.Your doing a great job! I wish I could adopt one from there,but don´t know how to go about it!Talk to you you soon, My name here is LilliesJ. kim

Karen
Slug Whisperer

Post   » Thu Aug 15, 2002 5:58 pm

New update for today is $181.00
:)

ShowMe

Post   » Thu Aug 15, 2002 6:05 pm

Couple more pumpkin pies and you´ll top $200!!!!!!

pigpal

Post   » Sat Aug 17, 2002 5:30 pm

This is fantastic!

Karen, thank you so much for taking the initiative and embarking on these fundraising efforts. After I´ve had a chance to go over this with Teresa, and before I leave for Vancouver on Monday, I´ll be emailing to discuss how to arrange transfer of funds/purchase of supplies. You´re awesome! I hope you still have a few cookies left for a couple of weary travellers?!

Teresa

Post   » Fri Aug 30, 2002 10:56 pm

Karen,

Thank you soooo much for the wonderful donation. And I especially loved the very nice plaque you made. It´s wonderful and is on my wall with my piggie stuff!

Thanks so much for all your efforts. It is greatly appreciated by me and the piggers!!
Thanks,
Teresa

bats

Post   » Sat Aug 31, 2002 1:11 am

Well done, Karen!
You should be very proud.

pigpal

Post   » Sat Aug 31, 2002 2:13 pm

Teresa, I think a glamour shot of you and the pigs, along with some of the supplies you purchase with the donation would be much appreciated by our fundraising friends north of the border.

33 posts