Intros - Hollister pigs and Fido

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Sat Aug 10, 2002 5:03 pm

I have a few ´flappers´ here, it´s adorable!

Becky

Post   » Tue Aug 20, 2002 12:03 am

Sunny, I´m just now catching up on these threads. I´m thrilled that all of your boys are getting along. That first adoption was really special. Both you and Cordelia are great moms, and I loved meeting you and your families. Thanks for the salt water taffy!

About quarantine, the Hollister piggers were all given the full treatment for mites and lice and monitored for any other illnesses, so it was fine to introduce them right away. We told everyone if they would feel more comfortable, they could wait to introduce.

That Rover is something else, isn´t he? Houdini, the escape artist!

Sunny

Post   » Wed Aug 21, 2002 4:16 pm

No Becky, Winnie was the escape artist. He is the noisy, cream and white ear-flappin Abby. Rover is the black/brown crested American.

By the way everyone, Sophie told me during the drive from California to SLC they had nick-named my funny little Winnie "The Evil One." I guess he escaped from his cage during the drive!! (hence the "Houdini" comment).

Yes Becky, he certainly is something. Last Wednesday, I walked him a couple houses down the street to introduce him to my neighbor piggy-sitter. He wheeked so loudly that neighbors came out to the street to see what was going on!

Both boys are very sweet and getting better about trusting me. They still hide when I approach their cage but Rover will now take food (cautiously) from my hand. They don´t really "get" lap time and spend the time burrowed at the furthest end of the towel. HOWEVER, they LOVE floor time and popcorn their little hearts out running laps through the cardboard houses and hopping in and out of the litter boxes spraying bedding everywhere!! Fido is dizzy from watching them. Love those boys.
Last edited by Sunny on Wed Aug 21, 2002 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunny

Post   » Wed Aug 21, 2002 4:20 pm

Oh, and Becky. It was so wonderful meeting you, Jackie and Sophie. What a wonderful thing you´ve done. Just think of how many lives you´ve touched (human and piglets) and the joy you´ve spread.

Becky

Post   » Thu Aug 22, 2002 1:00 am

Oops! Sorry I mixed up your little ones! Actually Winnie escaped at PHS. He was in a small cage with the wire portion resting on top of the bottom section. Pigpal got busy and next time she looked, no Winnie! They had quite a time finding him. Hence, "The Evil One!"

Sunny, I think your boys´ behavior is typical baby behavior. The little girl I adopted from Teresa is just now calming down a bit and she´s over 4 months old. I think they just want to play, play, play! Scouty hates to be held! Kittens are like that, too. How funny that he was so loud that the neighbors came out to see him!

Sunny

Post   » Thu Aug 22, 2002 2:21 pm

Yes, I think they thought I had captured an injured bird or something! He´s so noisy!!