Cavy/Human Communication

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:03 pm

Like an air kiss? I could go with that.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:00 pm

Cuddles used to kiss Doom on the face when he was sick.

ChadWPB

Post   » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:04 pm

When Snuggles was sick, both Princess and Marilyn would kiss him, often at the same time!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:10 pm

What does a cavy kiss look like?

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:14 pm

Cuddles would get in Doom's personal space, look worried, and then reach over and lick his cheek if he didn't seem too cranky.

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:12 pm

Eclair was my real communicator. She was the embassador of pigs; Teddi would let her do all the work of wheeking and chirping and quietly reap all the benefits. Eclair knew her name, and recognized my tone of voice of whether I was just talking or scolding (she'd beat-feet it out from under the couch when I yelled at her). I gave her the whole run of the appartment during floor time, and she'd do her rounds every 15-20 minutes: through the dining room, around my bedroom, down the hall, around the living room and into the spare room (if I was on the computer). She'd sit and listen while I'd talk to her, and then take off. I think she was keeping tabs on me!

Eclair loved lap time, and was great at telling me when she needed to go. Oh, and it was easy - just put her on the floor and she'd make a bee-line to the "home base" box on the floor.

She's been gone just over a year, now. I still miss her desperately. I have to say, she was my absolute favorite out of all my pigs.

lisam

Post   » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:16 pm

I've noticed many of my pigs groom, or "kiss" sick pigs. Even if they haven't gotten along too well before, when one is sick, they all seem to cut the sick one some slack.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:39 pm

Cuddles looking worried: (I didn't have any pictures of her actually kissing him)

She would typically get a little closer than this and lick Doom's right cheek a couple times.

tcarey
The Zen of Pigs

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:57 pm

I can't see the picture, Salana, just the red X. Is any one else having this problem?

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:00 pm

Cuddles really does look worried.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:05 am

My 'foster' Pixie purrs whenever I give her greens as a thank you. Isn''t that sweet?

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:54 am

I love it when they do that. They only do it for something that they *really* like.