Corroplast

Cara

Post   » Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:10 am

Where can I buy this stuff??? I live in south eastern Va and can´t find it anywhere. I´ve tried Lowes, craft stores, specialty shops. I can´t seem to find a sign shop that uses it. Any other thoughts? I really have to modify my cages to accomodate a new boar. Thanks.

gpservant

Post   » Wed Aug 28, 2002 10:20 am

I can´t imagine a sign shop not using coroplast. Have you tried Fastsigns ? You might have to pay $25 to $30 for a sheet but they should have it.

SandraVE

Post   » Wed Aug 28, 2002 10:36 am

Fastsigns here in Milwaukee wanted $60 a sheet. You know what I told him he could do with his sheet of corroplast! I found a sheet for $12 at another sign shop. Let your fingers do the walking in the phone book.

nin429

Post   » Wed Aug 28, 2002 10:50 am

I recently ordered Coroplast from this web site. The sheets are only 18" x 24", but I used clear, heavy tape to fasten 4 sheets together to make a large enough piece for my cage. The cost with shipping was a little under $20 for 15 sheets (enough for my three cages and three sheets left over). The site is: http://www.signsupplystore.com/magnetic.asp

Cara

Post   » Wed Aug 28, 2002 11:47 am

Thanks, I appreciate the info but I can´t afford shipping costs. Planning a wedding and recovering from a huge amount of vet bills this summer. Did find a FastSigns in Norfolk. I´ll try them. Thanks a bunch.
Last edited by Cara on Wed Aug 28, 2002 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cara

Post   » Wed Aug 28, 2002 11:57 am

for a 28 inch by 56 inch it´s 44.29. Does that sound correct or way overpriced?
Last edited by Cara on Wed Aug 28, 2002 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cara

Post   » Wed Aug 28, 2002 12:04 pm

Too late, orders been placed and it´s a done deal but for future reference, did I just get fleeced?

Teresa

Post   » Wed Aug 28, 2002 12:12 pm

Well, if that´s the size you ordered for a 2x4 grid cage, I hope that´s not the size of the sheet you ordered it to be cut to. The cut size is 39" x 68" which then allows for 6" walls all the way around. And yes, you paid a bit too much. Why not just ask them for the whole sheet? Tell them you expect to pay about $30 for a sheet. Can´t you call and cancel or change the order?

Cara

Post   » Wed Aug 28, 2002 12:40 pm

I have 4 inch walls around the cage, not six. I could cancel but tomorrow night is the night I plan to redo the cages. I have to get these four boys out of a 4 foot by 2 foot cage in to an 8 foot by 2 foot cage. In order to do that though I have to make Tuppence a new cage that´s exactly the same size as the one he´s in now. I think it´s cruel to make him move into a smaller cage. I do have a smaller store bought cage but he´s used to all that room. At least I didnt pay 60 bucks for it and I could always forget to give Rob the check and he´d have to pay for it! :) He makes way more money than I do!

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Aug 28, 2002 12:52 pm

Now Cara, that sounds like a terrific idea. Thanks, Rob!!

ricky

Post   » Wed Aug 28, 2002 2:18 pm

I bought from the Fast Signs in San Mateo and they really took me for a ride. I bought size for a four by two grid cage - they charged me upward of $70 even after I told them what it was for and mentioned Cavy Spirit. I bought it, because I needed it for that weekend, but I´m still burning under the collar about it. Beware of them! Next time, they won´t get my business.

gpservant

Post   » Wed Aug 28, 2002 4:27 pm

You really need to make an effort to shop around because the distributor price is probably < $5 a sheet. A small sign shop is probably getting them for $8 to $10. A fair price is you&acute;re buying from a sign shop is probably $20 to $30. Anything over that is price gouging.

Keep in mind that Fast Signs probably has more than one store in your area and they&acute;re competing against each other for business.

Sunny

Post   » Wed Aug 28, 2002 5:50 pm

I called 5-6 sign stores and the coroplast prices (for a 4x2 C&C cage) ranged from $45 to $15.

Shop around!

Evangeline

Post   » Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:33 pm

I am planning on redoing my cage very soon and asked a sign shop about Coroplast. The sell sheets of 4 feet by 8 feet (48" x 96") for 16$CAN (about 10$US).

Cara, Rob just got ripped off pretty bad.

Teresa

Post   » Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:48 pm

btw, I talked to Fast Signs in San Mateo. They&acute;ve now added it to their price list and have promised to sell it for $35 a sheet.

cathystev

Post   » Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:05 pm

Cara - I live in Va and get my coroplast at Sign-a-Rama. It&acute;s a franchise, so you may have one down in your area. The guy up here charges me $15 for a 8x4 ft sheet.

Evangeline

Post   » Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:12 pm

Hahahahahahahahaha!
I bet Rob will be happy to know that.

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:18 pm

Fast Signs in San Jose charged me $45 for my first sheet. It was the 8&acute; X 4&acute; size. I needed to have it cut to fit in my car and he said that each cut would be an extra $10!!!! I finally talked him into doing one cut for free.

Now I get it from a local supplier Teresa told me about and I think I pay about $12 a sheet. MUCH better!

GetShelly
I give

Post   » Thu Aug 29, 2002 5:14 am

I live in the Midwest and I paid $12 for a 4*8. However, they ripped me off cutting it. The charge for making one cut that I saw them take 10 seconds to do was $10. Next time I&acute;ll cut it myself in the parking lot.

Shelly

Alfie

Post   » Thu Aug 29, 2002 5:32 am

I still can&acute;t believe how much you guys pay for corflute (what we call coroplast here). I bought a massive sheet - about 5 x 9 ft for A$18 (just over US$9) and they offered to cut it for free.

43 posts