Pigloo for Baby GPs?

caviesrfun

Post   » Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:33 pm

My about 5 week old piggies (Houdini & Teddy) have been with my daughter and me for about a week. While I understand the importance of providing a safe secure place for them to hide, they just want to stay inside the pigloo (except for eating) when I place it in the 2x4 C&C cage. Therefore, I have removed the pigloo so that they can become acclimated to us. Am I doing the right thing?

Should I (a) leave the pigloo in the cage all the time, (b) just put it in at night or (c) wait until the piggies feel more comfortable with us before I put the pigloo back in?

In terms of their adjustment to us, they will approach us & take veggies from our hand. However, they still run when we come near the cage unless we approach verrry slooowly & are not too fond of being picked up. Houdini will purr (is that the right term?) when we hold him & pet & brush him. Teddy is a bit more skittish.
Last edited by caviesrfun on Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SandraVE

Post   » Thu Aug 29, 2002 10:39 pm

You can put the pigloo back in at night until they get a little older and get used to you.

caviesrfun

Post   » Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:00 pm

Thanks for the reply. I know this is probably a strange question but would the pigs get upset/confused by having the pigloo in at night & taken out every day?

purrie

Post   » Fri Aug 30, 2002 12:43 pm

I have to take Daisy´s pigloo out during the day or she would never come out of it. Funny thing is, she is my friendliest pig.

Cara

Post   » Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:06 pm

hmmm, I posted earlier but it didn´t take. My sister, Becki, has a baby sow. She puts Annabelles pigolo in when she´s not home and at night. Annabelle hasn´t ever seem confused.

caviesrfun

Post   » Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:19 pm

It´s the owner that´s confused, not the pigs. LOL

stickyfroggi

Post   » Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:33 pm

hm I don´t think they´d get confused at all or upset even... I´ve noticed how quickly these pigs learn routines, and it is when I don´t follow a certain aspect of the routine that my pigs get confused. My girls know that when I make smoochy noises (yah I´m weird) that theyre going to get food. So if ever in the event I make a sound resembling a smooch sound by accident, they start running around, Mocha wheeks, Moppy makes a weird duck sound (she only wheeks if a pig besides Mocha gets close to her), and they look totally confused when I don´t rush to the fridge to meet the demand. Don´t worry about confusion or upsetting them, they learn routines quickly and it seems like they even thrive on them (with certain things of course)
Last edited by stickyfroggi on Fri Aug 30, 2002 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

7 posts • Page 1 of 1