Name my piggies

GetShelly
I give

Post   » Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:53 am

I need ideas for two sows born Sept. 19, 2002. I can´t get their picture to upload, but they are both long-haired varieties (mostly peruvian I think with a touch of coronet on their head). One is a dark orange color (different than most oranges I´ve seen) and the other is orange and white. They both have a slight tuft on their forehead that makes them look like they have bed head.

Lynx - is 50 KB too big? For some reason I can´t post the pic.

Thanks,

Shelly
Last edited by GetShelly on Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sonia

Post   » Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:13 am

Sorry I can´t help, my two little girls, still carry the nicknames Stripe and Non-Stripe. We can´t settle on any good names for our two !!!

Good luck with your search !!!

Peace, Love, and Happiness, Always
Sonia

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:27 am

I had alot of trouble when I moved the forum. I´m guessing being able to upload or not pics will be spotty (I think the size is probably okay).

Could you use a free site and include a link? I´m sure people would be happy to check them out.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:31 am

How about Wilma and Pebbles?

Carol

tabby

Post   » Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:17 am

Hi there.
My 8yr old daughter, Mary has suggested "Flame " and "Fireball". Quite creative for one so young. I thought of "Bedhead" and "Punk". I then started thinking along the line of citrus friut. My creative touch, alas has left me.

GetShelly
I give

Post   » Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:52 am

OK, I posted the pictures of the baby piggies. Check out this link.

http://www.getfamily.com/getpets/GuineaPigs/BabyPiggies.htm

SandraVE

Post   » Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:45 am

Sweet pigs. I especially like the dark orange one on the right. How about Thelma and Louise for names for your two gals?

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:03 am

What little dolls! It´s so nice to have babies in the house but not be the one who has to feed them.

Evangeline

Post   » Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:49 am

Just so you know, they are Peruvians. Not orange and not Coronet. One is a self red and one is a red and white broken. Both are adorable.
Last edited by Evangeline on Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

sjj92

Post   » Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:38 pm

I know! Sox and Shoes!

GetShelly
I give

Post   » Fri Oct 04, 2002 12:27 am

Evangeline, you sound like an evil breeder type.

aL_boSS

Post   » Fri Oct 04, 2002 2:42 am

I would suggest Amber or Ginger for the little red one, and possible Trixie or Snowdrop for the little red and white one.

guineasomelo

Post   » Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:36 am

I named mine after influential people in history. Their names are Albert Einstein and Susan B. Anthony.

Sunny

Post   » Fri Oct 04, 2002 11:41 am

guineasomelo - Albert and Susan? Are they living in seperate cages??? If not, you may have a pregnant sow on your hands pretty soon.

GetShelly
I give

Post   » Sat Oct 05, 2002 2:04 am

Thanks everybody for your ideas. I think I have decided on Molly for the little red one, and maybe Tiffi for the red and white one. I´m not sure yet about Tiffi, but Molly I like for sure.

I´ve been spending a lot of time with them the past few days, and for some reason those names seemed to just sort of fit, especially Molly´s.

I´ll let everybody know what I decide. Thanks again.

Kat

Post   » Sat Oct 05, 2002 8:02 pm

Tiffi as in Tiffany, or just Tiffi?

Either way, they´re both great names!

GetShelly
I give

Post   » Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:25 am

Tiffany is actually better than Tiffi,

Then my "herd" would be....

Brittany
Bethany
Tiffany
Molly
Mo

Those names sound nice together. Ya, maybe I´ll stick with Tiffany. Thanks.

GetShelly
I give

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:49 am

It´s official --- I named my baby sows Molly and Tiffany.

I did not plan on having any more pigs, but unfortunately Brittany was expecting when I brought her home. My husband (without my knowledge or permission) told some members of his family that we had two guinea pigs that we were giving away. Anyway, his cousin´s girlfriend ended up wanting one, and I had to tell her no.

She has no experience with guinea pigs, she´s 18 and financially strapped. I felt bad saying no, but I just couldn´t be sure what kind of home she would provide. There is no way she could afford to buy carefresh and fresh veggies, let alone visits to the vet.

Was I wrong in telling her no? I think I did the right thing, I just want confirmation. Thanks. [FONT=comic sans ms]
Last edited by GetShelly on Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2002 6:29 am

It´s your call. Most of us would have done the same.

Knowing what I know now, I´m trying to encourage my daughter to save some money for a vet if she gets a rat.

It is impossible to stand by when your pet is ill. And now I even have goldfish to worry about.

It also helps to have a thorough understanding of the medical issues an animal can develop so you know what kinds of things are common and can often be treated successfully.

Pozone

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2002 5:09 pm

I think you absolutely did the right thing. Maybe down the line, when she´s more financially solvent. She can look upon your pigs as "trainer pigs" -- in other words, observe them and how you care for them, and then decide whether having a guinea pig is even what she wants to do. Maybe you could designate her an honorary Pig Aunt or something. But I think there´s no reason why somebody has to have what they want when they want it, especially if it´s a living thing and they´re not really prepared to care for it properly.

Like the names, too. My daughter was lobbying for our new baby to be named Molly -- since he´s a boy, it would have been a little awkward. But I think it´s a lovely name, for a girl person or a girl pig.

20 posts • Page 1 of 1