Y´all are too funny...

JoMama

Post   » Sun Oct 06, 2002 8:02 pm

You´re too PETA biased to see the benefits of anyone else´s opinion outside your own circle. How do you draw homes into this mess when you talk like an angry mob?

I am Moru´s mother. Surprise! I´ve never thought for a minute that my daughter not purchasing a pig from a pet store would stop the entire cycle. In fact, I believe just the opposite. You have your fantasy, you can change the pig world by shutting down PetSmart. I see PetSmart as opening a new world into pig owners. The cup is half full, or half empty. I´m sorry for you.

Every breed of every discipline, of every species, has it´s idiots and overabundant breeders that reproduce and saturate the buyer´s market without merit. Guinea Pigs are no different. You want to change the world? You discourage bringing quality homes to your level because your people skills, plainly, suck. No one would buy a guinea pig if they wandered onto this site. Continue to discourage guinea pig owners/breeders. You will end up in your own sole majority. Happy solicity. Another excellent home, gone.

Take a step back. My daughter dislikes your techniques. I raise horses. I´ve fought with better than you.
*smiley thing*

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Sun Oct 06, 2002 9:31 pm

So why are we funny?

pinta

Post   » Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:05 pm

What the hell are you on about?

Who the hell is Moru?

How does PETA factor into anything?

Jeez if you want to have a hissy fit find the relevant thread so we know what the hell you´re on about.

Who the hell is trying to shut down PETsMART?

You on drugs?
Last edited by pinta on Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evangeline

Post   » Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:22 pm

Morumotto is the kid who´s mother wanted to buy chinchillas from a breeder because rescue chins wern´t good enough. She asked people here what they thought, we told her. She turned out to be a troll and we simply ignored her stupid comments.

Apparently, like mother, like daughter. It wasn´t worth discussing then, and it seems it hasn´t changed.

Here´s the thread.
http://www.guinealynx.info/forums/thread.php?threadid=1867&boardid=8&styleid=5

sjj92

Post   » Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:43 pm

Geez... Calm down JoMama... man this is a site to talk about GPS not to make time consuming, mindless, dull, and mean comments!

pinta

Post   » Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:50 pm

man this is a site to talk about GPS not to make time consuming, mindless, dull, and
mean comments!

No, that´s our job!!!!

Hell of an ego there to think we´d know what she was blathering about without a reference. But I doubt the post would make any sense even if it was on the relevant thread.

Becky

Post   » Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:58 pm

When I first read it, I couldn´t figure out who/what she was talking about. I finally remembered that thread, but you´re right, Pinta, it still doesn´t make much sense.

(Sound of acorn falling very close to the oak tree.)

Alfie

Post   » Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:21 pm

(Sound of acorn falling very close to the oak tree.)

And some people think eugenics is a fascist concept.

JoMama

Post   » Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:31 pm

Why are you so avoiding the point? "Rescue chins weren´t good enough."? (excuse me for correcting your typo in the quote) Those are your words. Never assume that you can put words in anyone´s mouth. It makes you the one with the issue(s), not I, nor my daughter.

How laughable this forum appears if one cannot join and state their own opinion. Forums are for discussion one would think, normally. Are you so intimidated that you can only consider your opposition as "a troll."? Pardon me/us, we´re capable of holding a greater level of intelligent conversation. We can argue our point as good as you can destroy yours. And I guarantee, we love our animals.

I give you my word, I´m trying to take you as serious. You just do your cause a disservice. Drop the dramatics. I rescued a chin. I even saved him from the trip. What a life he now has. One less shelter animal. Your appreciation is well noted.

purrie

Post   » Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:44 pm

Personal attacks generally don´t make for good discussion.

Alfie

Post   » Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:44 pm

"Rescue chins weren´t good enough."? (excuse me for correcting your typo in the quote) Those are your words.

Morumotto said:
it´s just that when you´re gonna pay a high price for a specific animal, why pay -more- for one that´s been abandoned

Seems to suggest that rescue animals are worth less.

How laughable this forum appears if one cannot join and state their own opinion.

Oh, you can. But you just can´t expect it to be welcomed, particularly when your own first post was so aggressive.

pigpal

Post   » Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:31 am

Every breed of every discipline, of every species, has it´s idiots and overabundant breeders that reproduce and saturate the buyer´s market without merit.

Jomama - how disappointing that your daughter is considering breeding her new guinea pigs, apparently without the slightest knowledge of genetics, health issues or consideration of the overabundant guinea pig population in California. She is obviously well equipped to become one of the group mentioned in your quote.

I am delighted she has found the Breeding and Showing Forum at Cavies Galore, she will undoubtedly find many individuals there to encourage her efforts to add to the guinea pig population.

http://www.caviesgalore.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18924
Last edited by pigpal on Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:04 am

Yeah, I wonder what ever came of those poor feral LA pigs...

pinta

Post   » Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:16 am

How laughable this forum appears if one cannot join and state their own opinion. Forums are for discussion one would think, normally.

It would be a tad more effective if you tried joining in on the thread where the discussion actually is.....

Never assume that you can put words in anyone´s mouth. It makes you the
one with the issue(s), not I, nor my daughter.

Huh? What? Not sure what you are trying to say but as for assuming - aren´t you the one who assumes people advocating adopting from rescues and shelters are PETA biased? Pretty broad asumption there.

Oh and talking about assumptions:

You have your fantasy, you can change the
pig world by shutting down PetSmart.

Huh? What?

Please stop spouting drivel. At least get your facts straight instead of making things up.

How do you draw
homes into this mess when you talk like an angry mob?

Jeez - I dunno...with a pencil? With a rope? Lordy, but you are unintelligible.

You
discourage bringing quality homes to your level...

Huh? What? Coherency is not your strong suit.

I give you my word, I´m trying to take you as serious.

Huh? What? As serious as what?

Happy solicity.

Huh? What? Not only do you spout gibberish, you appear to make up words too.

I rescued a chin.

I thought you bought one.....bizarre scenario: Breeders breed chins and you rescue the chins they breed, from the breeder who bred them......anyone else´s head spinning?

I even saved him from the trip.

Do you even know what the hell you´re talking about?

we´re capable of holding a greater level of intelligent conversation

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Alfie

Post   » Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:04 am

solicity

Perhaps that´s what happens when Keri Russell hits on hard times. (On a "very special episode", of course...)

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:29 am

I guess I quit reading after she said "Every breed of every discipline, of every species, has it´s idiots..."

I thought she was making a good case and there was no reason to debate it.
Last edited by Lynx on Mon Oct 07, 2002 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

cablecat

Post   » Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:25 am

has anybody used kittty litter in their piggie´s cages

lisam

Post   » Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:04 am

Cablecat, it would be better if you could start a new thread with your question. Click on the "new topic" button at the top right of thepage.

As for the answer--it depends on the type of kitty litter. Those clay types are not good for pigs. There are some rolled newspaper and wood pellet type kitty litters that work fine, however.

Becky

Post   » Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:14 am

Alfie, that´s a good one!

Jomama, it´s all quite simple. Your daughter asked for our opinion. We gave it. She didn´t like it and began an argument.

If you don´t like what you hear, go elsewhere. It´s not rocket science.

Evangeline

Post   » Mon Oct 07, 2002 1:57 pm

Yet another proof that some people should not be allowed to reproduce.

we´re capable of holding a greater level of intelligent conversation
Yeah? And when are you planning on letting us see that? Because until now, you haven´t been making a whole lot of sense.

24 posts