Help! I have to quarantine my pigs in the UK for 6 months!!!

TWP_2

Post   » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:12 am

I am nauseated at the idea of having to be away from our piggies for more than the length of a good vacation. I browsed back through the thread, but I don't think I saw--any chance you get to visit the little guys?

Good luck!

Jim

petit-filous

Post   » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:57 pm

Excellent news, the pigs are fine!!! I was able to visit them this weekend (Saturday the 6th to be precise) after my business trip. In fact at this moment I am typing away at London's Heathrow airport.

I am happy to report that the piggies ate most of the food I put in their travel cage AND they continued feasting away after they arrived. The animal sanctuary owners are well impressed with how friendly and healthy they are. I am so proud of my babies!

I miss my darlings. It was hard to say goodbye, but what can you do?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:47 pm

So remind us how long will it be before you can visit them (and are in England)?

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:52 pm

I'm glad to keep hearing all the positive updates. It must be so hard to be away from them, but quite a relief to know they made their journey safely and are living in a very nice place.

petit-filous

Post   » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:02 am

They entered quarantine on August 1st so they should be out on February 1st. Woohoo 10 days have passed!

I plan to visit them again the next time I'm in the UK (either early September or mid-November).

PyscoFalcon, maybe we could meet up then. I was in such a rush on Saturday (and I had my brother-in-law in tow) so it was a quick in and out of Wales.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:23 am

It would be cool if one of the board members was close enough and could occasionally visit and remind the pigs that you love them and cannot wait to be reunited with them.

TWP_2

Post   » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:47 pm

I was able to visit them this weekend (Saturday the 6th to be precise) after my business trip.
Yay! I'm glad you got to see them.

It is silly that they quarantine animals, but nasty diseased little children can travel the world over, wiping their snot on anything within reach.

Jim

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:32 pm

Ah, I see I missed that. The obvious part -- that she did indeed get a chance to visit with her piggies. That is great! I hope there will be more visits.

PyscoFalcon

Post   » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:44 am

Sure just let me know when :)

Shame I can't drive or I'd see them for you and take pics.

petit-filous

Post   » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:14 am

TWP_2, yeah the quarantine rules are ridiculous. If the pigs are being quarantined, then why are my husband and I, having lived in close proximity to them for years, not subject to quarantine as well?

PyscoFalcon, I'll let you know in advance when I'm coming up again. Could you meet me at Neath station? I don't drive as well so I totally understand!

juanitak424

Post   » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:21 pm

I dont get it, Why would you have to quarantine pets to get into another country?
(I never travel, so I've never had to deal with stuff like this. I've never heard of it either.)

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:50 pm

It means we are one of the few countries that are rabies free.