Cavy Spirit Adoption Information Day (SF Bay Area)

leebee

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2002 3:47 pm

Just a note to all you Bay Area people.

Cavy Spirit is having an Adoption Information day on Saturday, October 12 from 10AM to 4PM at For Other Living Things (www.forotherlivingthings.com), a great pet supply store in Sunnyvale.

Becky and I will be on hand with guinea pigs and a C&C cage, as well as lots of helpful information. No pigs will be adopted out that day, however you can see the adoptable pictures and fill out an adoption application.

If you know of anyone interested in a guinea pig or in need of information, please tell them to stop by. Also, if you´d like to come by and see us and check out this really great store, please feel free!

Hope to see you there!

leebee

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2002 3:51 pm

Ugh. I can´t even spell cavy. Perhaps Becky will be the one to give out information.

Lynx or someone else, any way you could fix that in the title?

Becky

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:22 pm

Right, Leebee, since I´m SO skilled at spelling!

We´re going to have a blast. The Lion King is coming and one of the girls...haven´t decided which one yet!

Leebee is fab for setting this up. We need to get Teresa´s numbers down!

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:02 pm

Good luck, you guys. I´m sure you will have fun, no matter your spelling abilities!
Last edited by Nurgle on Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:27 pm

I hope wish you great success. Make sure they are GOOD adopters. Perhaps some subtle threats? Finger prints, liscense numbers and a background profile?

Becky

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:56 pm

Personally, I´ll be looking for those who don´t point to their crotches when they have to go to the bathroom, but Leebee might have other criteria.

leebee

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2002 11:50 pm

Hey, we really do get driver´s license numbers! And contact names! I like the background profile idea...

Becky, I don´t know about that criteria - it depends on on the quality of the person doing the pointing!

Believe me, they will be good adopters - they have to pass the Teresa standard of excellence, and that´s tough! I just barely squeaked through!
Right, Leebee, since I´m SO skilled at spelling!
Who´s shaping the young minds of our nation again?

Becky

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:49 am

Ah, yes! Those minds of the nation!

All of you Mercans might want to consider moving to Canada. They have E.

Spelling is developmental. Fortunately, I can handle first grade spelling.
Last edited by Becky on Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:21 pm

I mailed this off to Bats. Only keeping it up for a day or so, but somehow it seems so appropriate....

bats

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:26 pm

Dumdum can´t read.

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:57 pm

LOL! Too funny.

Zoe

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:17 pm

Oh, I love it!

LynnK

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:23 pm

Now that is funny I love it I would leave that up forever!!!!

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2020

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:25 pm

DumDum can´t read, but he just might start WW III. Hey, I´m a Murcan, I don´t need to be able to read!
Last edited by mmeadow on Wed Oct 09, 2002 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Becky

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:09 am

WHERE did you find that? I love it!

pinta

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:22 am

Sadly, it probably wasn´t hard to find.

Remember this is the same guy who swore up an down he´d find Bin Laden who apparently, if he is anywhere, is strolling around Afghanistan. I suppose Shrub reads maps the same way he reads books.....

Julian
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 1:23 am

Wish I could join you guys. I´ve got to do a tutorial on chemo, Iv´s, and advanced nursing techiques with my vet. I hope this old dog can learn some new tricks.

I hope you get lots of great adopters. I´ve been striking out lately........... too many pots on the stove.

Great picture Lynx. What a faker!

He needs Becky to whip him into shape.

Alfie

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:38 am

Ladies, you have it all wrong. He is clearly so smart that he can read upside down.

However, I have no explanation for "nucular".

pinta

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 5:10 am

Has anyone else noted the eerie similarity(or should I say simianity?) between Shrub and Curious George?

Sunny

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 10:56 am

Back to the topic at hand... for your Adoption Information Day, have you prepared flyers or something to get the word out? If so, can someone send it to me?

I´m doing a Guinea pig education seminar at the end of the month and am preparing flyers to post at vet offices and pet stores. I´d like to make sure I´m not missing something important.

Thanks

21 posts