Utah - Guinea Pig Education Day

Sunny

Post   » Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:46 am

Lynx,

I´m making more copies of the care pamphlet for the adoption days on Saturday and noticed under "Housing" the pamphlet states, "Minimum 4 sq ft for one cavy. For each additional cavy add at least 1 sq ft(preferably 2)."

Does this need to be updated? I thought the new space requirements were 7-1/2 sq. ft. for one or two pigs.

Evangeline

Post   » Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:49 am

That´s what Teresa asks for. It´s ideal, but not always realistic.

Teresa

Post   » Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:07 pm

Oh ho. Don´t get me started.

leebee

Post   » Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:56 pm

And you want to be Teresa´s Pig Placement Agent????

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:30 pm

It was designed to at least provide minimum standards and be usable even by petstores. If you are too stringent, they won´t go for it. And I´m sure you noted those were minimum with larger amounts of space thoroughly encouraged. Anyone who goes to the website (with all the additonal info) will be encouraged to check out Teresa´s site.

Sunny

Post   » Tue Oct 22, 2002 5:08 pm

Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. I just didn´t want to hand something out that contradicted my presentation.

pinta

Post   » Tue Oct 22, 2002 5:11 pm

Once people have had pigs for a while they invariably upgrade anyway.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Oct 22, 2002 7:27 pm

I certainly encourage you to make a big deal of more space. They will end up with happier pigs. Tell them all about the people who give their pigs rooms and giant cages.

Once you have them, they are your prisoners. You can make them believe anything.

Sunny

Post   » Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:04 pm

Ha! That was funny Lynx. But oh, so true. I can´t believe how much BAD information is given out that people believe.

I just hope people show up. I´ve got 3 people confirmed but I imagine most people won´t RSVP as I requested on the flyer.

Evangeline

Post   » Tue Oct 22, 2002 10:11 pm

Hey, 3 is not a lot, but that´s 3 more educated people who will treat their pigs like they should. Think positive.

I just remembered my CG signature: "making the world a better place for guinea pigs, one idiot at a time". A few prudes almost had kittens!

Becky

Post   » Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:02 pm

Call the TV stations and newspapers that covered your adoptions. Maybe they´ll give you a little press.

Sunny

Post   » Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:04 pm

That´s absolutely right E.

I´d do it even if I had only one person coming.

In fact, I´m going Friday night to meet a woman who absolutely can´t make it on Saturday. It just makes me so happy to learn there are people out there who actually give a shit.
Last edited by Sunny on Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.