Show your Cage

aqh88

Post   » Tue May 03, 2005 5:37 pm

The ramps are fake wood boards left over from building our deck. I took cheap polyester blankets and cut a strip off then rolled up duct tape into loops and stuck it to the board. If it ever gets too dirty I'll just peel the blanket back off and stick on a new strip.

DaCourt

Post   » Tue May 03, 2005 6:46 pm

Here is our current cage for 3 boys. There have been a few changes to the hay room. They now have a small loft in there made out of a bent grid, and removable grids are put in place to keep them from jumping out (which they tried to do at veggie time.)

_bloop

Post   » Tue May 03, 2005 6:48 pm

The piggies have never fallen off the ramp from high up? That's the one thing id be worried about.

DaCourt

Post   » Tue May 03, 2005 6:52 pm

Never....My little one does like to run down half way and then jump...so now at the end of the ramp is their big fluffy pillow instead of the bunk bed.

I did worry about the bridge and that is why I put the cover over it. The cover flips up for easy cleaning.

critterluv02

Post   » Tue May 03, 2005 7:11 pm

DaCourt, what is the ramp made out of? I like it that it isn't real huge. I have been using grids with one edge bent upward, which is ok, but it is quite wide.

I'll try to get some photos after cage cleaning tomorrow.

Becky

Post   » Tue May 03, 2005 8:09 pm

Cages?!? We don't need no stinkin' cages!

aqh88

Post   » Tue May 03, 2005 8:25 pm

I've only had 1 fall off a ramp. Orbit tried to jump from the bottom of the cage onto the ramp about half way up and didn't get both his back feet up there. He just dropped back down in the hay butt first and took off running again. Otherwise the ramps have great traction and are fairly wide so noone has missed even while flying around the cage and up the ramp, down the ramp, around the cage, back up the ramp..... Also the ramps now go into gaps cut into the coroplast side so it isn't open next to it.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue May 03, 2005 8:43 pm

DaCourt, I love your bright colors and tasteful layout. You did a super job.

ellenvega
Skol Pigs!

Post   » Tue May 03, 2005 9:08 pm

Such great cages. Mine looks like a ghetto in comparison. I'm just not artistic.

I think it's funny how in all these cage pics there's nary a poop to be seen. :)

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Wed May 04, 2005 4:09 am

You kidding?!? I definitely clean before I take pics for the most part. Only the very cute moments will I take pics in poopy cages.

Lucy+Lilly

Post   » Wed May 04, 2005 4:51 am

DaCourt - Love the idea of a bridge! Great cage!

mammabear66
With a Touch of Insanity

Post   » Wed May 04, 2005 5:27 am

_bloop, the ties you are seeing on some of the cages are called zip ties, or sometimes cable ties. They work great at helpig hold the cage together and making doors and lids. You can get a large container of them in the auto section of Walmart for about $6. They are at tons of other stores too, including Home Depot.

The best cat-proofing lid I have seen is the long white metal utility shelves.