Please post photos of your Guinea Pig Cages/Homes

sjehoel

Post   » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:27 pm

I love all your cages! I especially like the designs by Lindsay and Pookee. Thta's what I would want for my 2 guinea pigs as well.

The problem is that we live in a small flat, and have some sort of minimal design thing going on (see picture). It all looks very sleek and tidy. I would love to give our guinea pigs a big C&C cage, but my boyfriend is worried that it would take up too much room and would look too messy. I agree it doesn't really fit in with our decorating style, but I would love to give the guinea pigs a great cage. Does anybody have any ideas on how to make a sleek C&C cage? Pookee's one looks pretty good. I also like the look of 11guineas cages; huge and pretty stylish.

The cage will have to go along the wall on the right hand side of the picture, next to the tv. Ignore the tiny cage that is in the picture. This was the cage that Tommy lived in for the first 3 months of his life, before I knew any better and got him a girlfriend and a bigger cage. We now have a 4 ft long store bought cage. I think it is big enough, but I would love to give them more space.

Any ideas for a cage that would fit in well? I was thinking silver (as in unpainted) or black grids might look good. And black choroplast. I am assuming that black choroplast will look cleaner than other colours, but I'm not sure. My only worry is that black choroplast will make the cage look very dark.

Actually, no matter how neat and tidy the cage, the guinea pigs will no doubt make a mess of our living room anyway with wood shavings, poos and hay everywhere. But I just take one look at their cute little faces, and none of that matters any more.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:41 pm

Search for Nurgle's cage. I think hers is black, and looks very sleek.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:09 pm

You could use the silver mesh grids (will keep all the crap in the cage) with black coroplast. I would make a base out of the grids as well, to fit in with your decor - very stylish :-)

sjehoel

Post   » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:23 pm

I've just had a look for grids on the internet, and I can't find any at all in the UK. Let alone silver ones. The shops that are listed on the UK supplier thread don't seem to stock them any more. Hmmm...

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Nov 11, 2005 6:00 pm

Oh, I was thinking of Nurgle's cage too. I think you'd like it. Someone else had a cool cage. Oh, check over 11guinea's cage on the cage page here (see the favorites area) in the bedding section, I think. Use heavy fleece and maybe you won't have to worry about shavings. And I love your minimalist look. My look is "messy".

3BayMares

Post   » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:27 pm

We have four pigs and they live in the living room which is the main room of the house.

We also have a house rabbit. This is his cage but he gets free time mornings and evenings.

3BayMares

Post   » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:34 pm

This is a close up of the hay basket extension on the cage. It helps to keep the hay in one place and they love leaping into / on to the hay.

sjehoel

Post   » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:39 pm

That cage fits in nicely with your furniture! Very good match with the green sofas. If only our living room were that big.... lovely!

I can't find pictures of Nurgle's cage. I don't think she has posted them on this thread, and I'm not having much luck using the search function either. I have seen 11guineas' cage and it looks great. I wish I could build something like that, but I don't think I have the skills.

A bigger problem is that I can't seem to find grids in the UK! I tried the suggestions in the UK suppliers thread, but no luck so far. Any UK people know where to get them?

jaydee6561
Not a Fighter

Post   » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:05 pm

DaCourt also had a slammin good cage. While their colors wouldn't fit, the style would.

Zalida

Post   » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:06 pm

Sjehoel, I love your taste in decoration!

I took more pics. So at the moment I have 10 piggies in 4 different cages.

So here's the last two of those four cages.

Turo's, Merri's and Musse's cage. (lot's of pee stains yack)

And here lives Pörri, Turre, Elvis and Tupee:

I wish I have all the pillows, rugs and coverlets same color some day..
Last edited by Zalida on Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:07 pm

Nurgle's cage is shown HERE and HERE.

sjehoel

Post   » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:38 pm

Ow yes, of course I know Nurgle's cage! It's beautiful! I was following that thread when she was building it. My brain just didn't link 'Nurgle' and 'that magnificent, huge, black cage'. Thanks for posting the link.

It's a bit big for my two guinea pigs, but I do like the style of her cage.