Please post photos of your Guinea Pig Cages/Homes

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:56 pm

Laz takes after her in that he dove into a bowl of cheese brocoli bacon soup and screamed bloody murder when I removed him and reminded him he was not a crouton.

Poor Baby Cuzko
My piggy made me give!

Post   » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:13 pm

Maybe they're related! Cuzko literally tries to run off with my pieces of pizza and I have to tempt her with the napkin to let it go, only to keep the napkin away from her because I'm worried it's causing swollen belly.

Lyndsay

Post   » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:34 pm

Lyndsay - that's a great cage! But how do you catch the piggies or clean it?

October 27th 2005, 3:51 am

WillowTree

Lyndsay, I love your cage, very fun! I want it, or one just like it. But how do you get to the piggies? Also, how many are in there and do they always come downstairs for the water bottle? Gus Gus (my sweet sweet albino piggie) hangs out in the top of his cage all day and if he doesn't come down he forgets to drink water, or atleast he doesn't want until I offer it to him, then he drinks ALOT! Maybe he is just a little challenged (you never know what can be going on when they come from Petsmart, hehe) or forgetful. I love that the floor has pictures of Winnie the Pooh n friends, is that coroplast? Did it come like that? Beautiful cage.
Well, the ramp in there lifts up for cleaning, I just attach it to a wall, and shovel the shavings out, and use the vaccum for all the ones that make it past my pooper scooper.
Piggys... oh so fun to catch... lucky for me, XZander doesn't move at all when you try to catch him, Smudgee on the other hand runs around till he finally stops on his couch and lets you pick him up, I should actually update the picture, cause they have 3 water bottles now, and more stuff. I house my two boars in it. They are the only pigs I have, and only ones I have space for. Although there is only one in that picture, because I hadn't had XZander when I first built the cage. *built it bigger cause I had the space, then found out I was allowed to have another piggy*
The coroplast didn't come all nice and folded like that, I spent hours measuring it exactly, and scoring along the lines so that it would fit inside if the cubing. Making it easy to clean, and I wouldnt have to worry about them getting toes or anything caught under the flaps.
Winnie the Pooh, Dora the Explorer, and Blues Clues.. ha I'm such a child. I am also switching to fleece on the upper level soon, and it will be themed like the rest of the cage. ;) Thanks for the questions.

cavykatie

Post   » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:39 am

Here is my Guinea Pig/Rabbit Condo:

P.S. The rabbits get let out every day, so don't fall for their pitiful faces.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:48 am

ooooh.. pooor bunniesss

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:12 am

Steve will go for juice if you have it. All the better if he spills the glass. He will drink out of the glass if you hold it and sometimes, if he's good, I'll give him a tiny bit in his own medicine cup/glass.

Willow, if your pig is too dumb to find the water bottle, put at least a small one up where he hangs out.

BostonPigLover

Post   » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:21 am

Oh there's Georgia on the top!

Katie, I like you're set up. I have to have stacked cages as well, since my pigs in my bedroom too.

Wheekers3

Post   » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:19 pm

We made Suey's new cage last weekend. It is currently a C+A cage, Cube and aluminum tray. We will buy coroplast when we get the final dimensions.

We are going to upgrade to a 2x4 cube next weekend. My Husband is now addicted. We must peruse all hardware stores for cube-like supplies. I suspect it is going to grow to mansion size porportions, to Suey's delight. She got a hay rack last night, because the hay box turned into a poo-box. She also has gone all hoity-toity snarky on us and received a chandelier.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:01 pm

Oooh.. I saw a chandelier at Biglots I wanted to get for piggieboys but alas I was strapped for cash..

Show us her hoitytoity lights!

Wheekers3

Post   » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:24 pm

It hangs above her ghetto hidey house.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:44 pm

Ooooh laaaaa.

mab0615

Post   » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:22 pm

Here's a bad picture of my new expanded cage. It's a 2x6 on the bottom and a full length loft area.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:26 pm

Coool!!

jaydee6561
Not a Fighter

Post   » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:37 pm

Here's my cages for my 4 boars. We've got a 2 x 6 (holds 2), a 2 x 3 and a 2 x 3.5.

I had fairy tale dreams that this would be one huge cage that they could all live happily in. But I believe if at first you don't succeed, try try again. So I will be trying to get them all together someday.

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:57 pm

jaydee...I'm trying to figure out how you have those situated on the crates. Is there plywood underneath the coroplast?

jaydee6561
Not a Fighter

Post   » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:09 am

Yes, the 2 bigger cages are sitting on 3/4 inch plywood and the smaller one has a cubes bottom. I got this idea from I here, of course. I tried putting a cage on a table, but that's too high for me.

I also bought valances that match the windows to put around the cages, but haven't gotten around to that yet.

My desk is on the opposite wall, so I just roll the chair over to visit with the boys.

Zalida

Post   » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:15 am

mab0615, what a great cage!

Your cages are so tidy and systematic, mine look like a big mess. I'm really a "fit up-person" and piggie cages are my trouble; lots of different colours, cable ties and tape tape tape! Argh!

BostonPigLover

Post   » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:59 am

Jaydee, I like your wall color!

newwave_polly

Post   » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:42 pm

There are some great cage ideas here.

I'm finally posting a pic of our setup:

Moe and Beatrice live in the 2x4 on top and Dale lives in the 2x3 below.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Fri Nov 04, 2005 1:45 pm

Some people call him mowwreeceee..

Good lookin! Dale has quite the bachelor pad.

137 posts