Fleece Comparisons

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:24 am

So far all I can find of the fleece Ly gave you Lynx is it's a either a 'Pile' or 'Velvet Pile' from your desciption, which is also bonded/backed.
If you compare each one Ly and I sent you with your hands, which one feels more scratchy to touch?
Also, you can just guesstimate this, about how thick is the fleece top, not including the bonded backing?

The fibers do look a bit large to be a fleece though, that has me looking really hard at it.
Ly, is there any way you can send me a little 1" square?
This one is going to drive me bonkers.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:23 am

The short side is very soft and velvety. With the fibers sticking out (not squished flat), thickness is 3/8".

whittibo

Post   » Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:34 am

I have come to the conclusion, Walmart only carries the basic fleece and one of the berber ones.

I went looking for fleece and didn't find anything like what you're posting. I even drove to two fabric stores to get fleece for Sasha and both have been closed down. The only place to get any fabric here in town is stupid Walmart, and their selection sucks compared to what is out there. :s

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:26 pm

You are in a warmer climate area to so they will probably not stock as much or variety as they do here. I'm sure further east will have more then what I see here (maybe). Perhaps some of the stores closer/up in the Mt. areas?
I never found a Hancock Fabrics out there, and the Jo-Ann stores sucked. I'd just order something on line, it's either pay taxes or pay shipping.

kazmeyer

Post   » Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:47 pm

So since most of these fleeces seem to be pretty hay-unfriendly, what does everyone do when it comes to design? A kind of DMZ at the hayrack end with carefresh or something? I'm planning on switching the girls over to fleece once I move, and I'm just curious what the best plan would be - Aspen's way too messy, and I'm definitely going to be looking for economy.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Fri Dec 23, 2005 6:52 pm

Hay Racks for us.

kazmeyer

Post   » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:08 pm

Do those actually work? I imagine my girls just dragging the hay all over like they do with their current rack (bent grid style), chuckling to themselves, "Poor deluded man, thinking you can control us."

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:11 pm

Those are cool Windespirit. I'm coming to the conclusion that I need something to contain the hay for allergy sake.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:43 pm

Perhaps someone who's gotten one or two could help me on this one?
If they could do it HERE it would be great! *warning pop ups*
I have further comment on them there as well :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:15 pm

Just a note here -- I went over to Target and got a couple lined polyester sherpa/fleece throws -- sherpa on one side and fleece on the other (4'X5'). I chopped them in four parts and will switch them out for Snowflake. The fleece I found was pink and was $5 on sale (75% off). It has a fake fur edge around it. Also got a thin large fleece blanket on sale but I think I'll use it to keep me warm at night.

I am really looking forward to switching them out more frequently.

whittibo

Post   » Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:18 pm

WHERE'S THE PICTURES???

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:22 pm

It's dark. I'll get pictures tomorrow.