Fleece Comparisons

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:30 pm

I got a purple one too. My daughter has it on her bed :-)

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:31 pm

I want to sneak back and get a pink and the orange - but I shall restrain myself and save money for those cute babies that are on their way!

whittibo

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:31 pm

Oh, the one with the softer fleece on the back?!

Our Target is about 50+ minutes from me too. Drives me crazy we don't have anything nearby, except Walmart. :( I guess I should be happy we have it, we have only had it I think 3 or 4 years now.

$10 is great. Wish I could have gotten a couple.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:35 pm

Exactly that kind, with the furry edge. We had to wait a long time for a Target in our area too.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:07 pm

Yep. Nice and soft. I think mine needs lots more washes though as the pee seems to not be soaking in/through as quickly as I'd like.

If I'd seen more, I would have snatched them up (I think I mentioned they were $5 at my store).

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:14 pm

Really 5 dollars? I would have indeed fetched them all at 5 bucks.

whittibo

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:39 pm

Just something to think about here folks, if you find great things like that on sale for $5 and $10 and you know others would LOVE them, buy all they have and do the auctions with them?!

I am SO jealous that I can't get my hands on a few of those. I would love to have a few for myself to toss on the sofa!

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:51 pm

I do not know about anybody else, but the money I have is so incredibly budgeted, that if it was not for daddy being gracious with Christmas money - I wouldnt have even gone or been able to get one. I had 74 cents before the funmoney came.

Sad but true. 74 cents.

whittibo

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:02 pm

Well I am glad that daddy's money came then. I am so poor I don't even count my change, I just pull out the credit cards. LOL

I am just jealous I can't get my hands on one, but it's probably better that my credit card balance didn't increase due to this. ;)

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:06 pm

Branni's got no cards. That is why she knows how much change is there!

whittibo

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:36 pm

Branni's a much smarter person then Bonnie then!

Really, I rely on my cards WAY too much. But then again, we would probably starve without them. Fall/Winter is very slow at my husbands work, so we must rely on them sadly.

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:39 pm

Its not smarts baby - its that I could not handle it when I was in charge of *my* money and now - I am *not* in charge of *our* money!

Its good for the savings but a bit harsh on the ego sometimes!

Yall have a different setup what with his work being seasonal and all, so that's different too!

All different people, all sorts of different arrangements.

Still - ours, while good for the future - again, a bit rough on the ol gal's ego and her "wantzit" realities!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:52 pm

I'm a stock-piler. I only found the two of the thick throws (and a thin large one that's on my bed). I probably would have bought a bunch if they had more.

whittibo

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:53 pm

Yeah, but it's so much better/smarter then what we do.

Here's where our problem is, we're always spending ahead. We spend in the fall/winter and pay for it all summer. NOW.. if I saved all spring/summer, then we would have money to carry us through the fall/winter.. right!?

I know what we are doing isn't great, but it's what we're doing and we're kinda stuck in a rut. The good thing is we do get back a huge tax refund each year, so that helps with some of the mid-winter spending.

klynne

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:19 pm

"Sad but true. 74 cents."

Brandilynn, you and I could write a rockin' stompin' Southern blues song about the wantzits and money, er, lack thereof!

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:32 pm

Yes we could! I play the spoons and the pretend harmonica reel guud. My daddy plays the real harmonica, in case we need a musician.

What do you play?

Oh.. I also play the cardboard box veery well!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:10 pm

I got a keyboard player for you (husband). And I could probably get my son to mix it.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:34 pm

You got some Whittibo, glad I mentioned them to ya, I thought they would be about the right size for your cage.

Berber or Shepra are these pet rugs? That is still to figure out, but I realy do think they are along the Shepra lines because of the 'woolish look' they have. Notice how the top fibers fold back down into the knitting? Those are normally Shepras.

I'm still working on hunting down the right manufactures that produce those rugs and Berber. It would be great to be able to make full blankets out of this stuff. Specially the Berber.

Just imagine how easy it is on hay with those 'Pet Rugs', now think even easier with the Berber! Serioulsly. I made one blanket for us to test try out, I wish, wish, WISH I had this in every cage. In the mean time what we have is what we'll have to deal with.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:42 pm

Oh and by the way, the length in cage with the Berber is two fold for us Lynx. The peice of Berber I have in not as a blanket but just as material as you have, the material itself bottom side does not stay wet either. Have you had the same luck?

The Pet Rugs I know do hold pee in at the bottom of fabric and careful on the shaking, it has not been so with the Berber. Shepra I have to be careful shaking and one brand of the two I have, I absolutely dislike in hay area. Nightmare!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:48 pm

I got 3 of the blankies Lynx was taking about at Target today after reading this thread. $10 - not $5, but still a good deal.

So, which side to you put up? And does yours soak the pee up Lynx, now that it's been washed several times? If it does, how many washes did it take?

504 posts