*This Little Piggie Marketplace*

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:36 am

Got your order; thanks! They'll ship first thing tomorrow. :)

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:50 pm

Yes they're technically ornaments, but they could also sit on a shelf or desk. Cute and versatile! ;)

FYI: If anyone would rather make a monetary donation directly to either Rescued Guinea Pigs or EARPS (or both), you can now do that from TLPM's home page as well.

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:59 pm

Ooo! I need to get mine ordered. *must remember to order tonight!* :) Those are so cute!!!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:56 pm

Just added a few new things in time for Christmas on the Cavy Slave page:

Baby Guinea Pig:
Guilda the Guinea:
Tri-Colored Cavy:

And in the Books section:
Stink and the Guinea Pig Express:

Many thanks to everyone who ordered from This Little Piggie Marketplace in 2008. I'm hoping to add a couple of new (and hopefully fun/useful) features to the site in the coming weeks.

And as always, a portion of the Amazon.com sales goes to Guinea Lynx. :)

Happy Holidays from TLPM!

DaCourt

Post   » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:49 pm

Guilda is adorable.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:42 pm

I would greatly appreciate some feedback.

For the past couple of weeks, I have been tinkering with a project that I've wanted to do for awhile. I wanted to set up a sort of off-shoot to TLPM, where members could get news about new guinea pig products, review products (rate them), and also post Classifieds for guinea pig-related items. I also wanted a place to keep a list of rescue-based Cafe Press shops or iShops, as well as a listing of pet stores that don't sell animals. (Also toying with the idea of a listing of companies that don't test on animals.)

My first stab at it is this:
http://grou.ps/this_little_piggie/home

It can also be reached from the "This Little Piggie Marketplace" homepage.

I'd greatly appreciate some feedback on the concept (keeping in mind that it's still under construction). Do you think it would be a useful resource? Do you think anybody would actually look at it? Which features, if any, do you think would be useful? Do you think it should have other features as well? Or do you think it's a dumb idea/redundant to other information out there/waste of time?

Just looking for some honest feedback, before I go much further with adding content.

Many thanks.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:48 pm

Well, for starters, I signed up. Not sure how this fits in with my stated personal goal of reducing screen time, but I'll let you know if I have comments.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:18 am

Thanks.

What I'd really like to do, is somehow incorporate some of that stuff directly into This Little Piggie Marketplace. Bogspot doesn't really have that kind of flexibility, though.

I'd love to do a complete re-vamp of the site over the holidays and set it up as a true website with lots of nice features (it was originally done as a "blog" as a test to see how much traffic it would get), but don't know how I would do it and not lose my standing in the search engines or lose customers who already know where to find it. :(

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:07 am

sef, I was trying to find some brushes to clean my water bottles. I didn't see any on your site. Have any recommendations?

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:16 am

Shouldn't this be moved to the new section?

vanillapooh1979

Post   » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:23 am

Well in order to not lose traffic you could have a link in the blog to redirect them to the new site.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:55 pm

:) Thank you!