*This Little Piggie Marketplace*

Sunny

Post   » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:26 pm

Sef1268 - really great site. I love that you have a Petfinder search window at the bottom of the page, all ready to search for rescue piggies! Could you add Guinea Lynx and Cavy Spirit to your links page?

I also love the ribbon. A must for education and adoption events!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:40 pm

Wow! You have everything! The next time I need a curved-tip syringe or a butterfly hookup, I know where to go. Really nice job.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:10 pm

Thanks. I had coroplast available, too, but trying to ship it without charging an arm and a leg (and without damaging the sheet) is proving too much of a challenge.

Anything that I may have missed, do let me know.

I'm working on Baxa syringes and bottle adapters now.

mkkayla
Supporter in '14

Post   » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:47 am

I LOVE LOVE my ribbons/magnets. I got two on the car and one on my refrigerator-it is eventually going to go to a friend of mine to display on her car.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:50 pm

I'm so glad to hear that folks are receiving their magnets and kits without any problem. :-)
You should really think about selling clothes and stuff with guinea pig captions on it.
-Evangeline

Done! I ordered a couple of the t-shirts myself and am interested to see what they're like and how the sizes run. My husband was thrilled that I could get his in a 5XL!

Pooka and Pixie

Post   » Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:34 pm

Momo must have this!

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:17 pm

Sef - not sure how feasible this will be but I've seen the large packing boxes for large mirrors and paintings at wal-mart before, perhaps this will be a option. They go up to 12 feet long and 4 feet wide that I've seen. By the looks of them, if the coroplast was rolled lenthwise (with grain) the box could probably be cut in half for two shipments. Or at least two boxes and three shipments for sure. They were about $3.50 each here.

On another note, has the "Rollin the Hay " wheel you have listed been discussed somewhere before? I just get concerned about these free moving wheels, I know for sure I've read of one pig getting it's foot caught. :/

Love that 'Warning, with an attitude'!

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:23 pm

I'm working on Baxa syringes and bottle adapters now.
Fantastic! With all the meds I give daily, I'm hooked on that combo. I had to phone Baxa and order them directly, but it will be much easier to do it online.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:36 pm

Thanks; I'll look into the boxes. I have been all over the internet, looking for boxes and mailers. I haven't seen anything like you describe. Wonder if Staples carries anything like that? I'd rather not shop at Wal-Mart.

On the Rollin the Hay, a member posted awhile back that a baby guinea pig got stuck inside the ball. I own the ball (have had it for quite some time), and most of our guinea pigs have played with it at one time or another. From my own experience the item seems safe for adult pigs, but I did post a note on the product that it's probably not suitable for younger pigs. If anyone has any other experiences with it, please do let me know. I don't want to list anything questionable.

Mum-- yikes, you bought from Baxa directly? They charge a $10 processing fee for orders under $100, don't they? What sizes of their syringes do you use the most? 1ml?

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:44 pm

Yes, I use exclusively the 1cc syringes for meds.

They didn't charge me the $10 processing fee because of the rescue.

I adore those syringes - and they last a lot longer than most because of the rubber o-ring, rather than that big bit that comes off in pigs mouths.

Here's something else you need: I do a lot of handfeeding. I have to modify the 1cc monoject syringes to do that:

I cut the tip off - below the main barrel
Get out a dremel - drill through the hole to make it big enough
Get out the dremel sander - smooth it off

This is wonderful - no more rubber plungers to go down pigs' throats.

I usually do 5 at a time, because I use 5 on a pig that doesn't want to eat. Than I refill them as many times as needed.

I don't use the baxa syringes for this - the plastic is harder.

You could include one of those with your kit, perhaps?

(I just ordered some magnets - how did I miss those?)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:57 pm

Hey, sef1268, check out www.uline.com . KM gets boxes there and I had to order boxes for mailing out the books because they didn't fit in any I had.

Here are the flat pads (there are heavier duty ones too):

http://www.uline.com/Browse_Listing_185 ... +%2D+Large

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:06 pm

Understand the wal-mart thing, I wish some of the others stores weren't so far in the city or I'd have no need to go there really.
If Staples or any of the other office supplies did, even craft stores, try looking in the paint and drawing isles to for large painting type boxes. Perhaps one of the places could order some for you, the box brand was Duck if that helps.

If I read anything more on the hay wheels I'll e-mail you. :)