*This Little Piggie Marketplace*

Kermie831

Post   » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:54 pm

Branni...

OOOH! The babyhead dolls could be just like thier mom and have thier own piggie or two :)

sef1268
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:39 pm

I just added Critical Care, Ivermectin, and bottle springs tonight. TLPM is also now an affiliate of Lambriar Vet, which offers these items. Please let me know if anyone encounters any issues with ordering from this seller. I have used them several times so far, and they ship quickly but have a bad habit of not returning emails promptly. For order questions or support, please be sure to use their 1-800 number instead.

Happy shopping!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:50 pm

Wonderful! I need to order some Critical Care! I will give it a try tomorrow.

sef1268
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:53 pm

Great! I got my order in about 2-3 days. Let me know how long it takes for you. The shipping is not outrageous, either.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:47 am

Is that Zachary modeling the Snuggle Safe Heat Pad? And the Petskope? And the Instant Ear Thermometer?

He is so photogenic! (and cooperative, too!)

rshevin

Post   » Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:45 am

Oh my gosh is that a REAL picture of Zack with the ear thermometer!? You photoshopped it right? There's no way he could possibly be that cute in real life!

sef1268
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:45 pm

Yep, that's Zachary. I had the idea to let him model some of the products on TLPM that I own. He's also going to demonstrate how much he likes Bene-bac and his Hi-Back litterbox, a Ty guinea pig (that I haven't listed yet) and a few other goodies.

You can also find some pictures of him in the Housewares section.

I told somechick that I should post some of the "out-takes," since getting Zach to cooperate wasn't as easy as it might appear. hee.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:56 pm

Zach makes it look effortless, though. That's the sign of a true professional!

We need an "out-takes" thread. :)

I have a picture of Ginny with that Douglas guinea pig toy. It's one of my favorites.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:01 pm

Zachary is the coolest pig. I just wish you lived closer by and we could use him for some instructional videos on GL (I have wanted some nail clipping videos, handling, etc.).

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:32 pm

Zachary is such a good spokespig. How sweet he looks.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:50 pm

sef is that Zachary in the Medium Link N Lodge? Looks like he is chewing on the window part, just so cute.

sef1268
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:52 pm

Yes, that's him. He thought he should show folks that it also makes a dandy snack.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:31 pm

That is sure a cute picture. I too love your Zachary.

sef1268
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:13 pm

Zachary lurves you guys, too!

I'd like some feedback. I have been considering selling American Pet Diner products on my site (not through Amazon; I would be selling direct). I have used several of their products, and thought they were pretty good stuff. I know a couple of folks on GL don't like their Critter Be Better (APD equivalent of Critical Care), but I have used it and thought it performed quite well. APD also has a Critter Be Better pellet, designed to help transition hand-fed pigs back to pelleted food. I have ordered a sample to try. And they have their own vitamin C product, as well as some healthful treats. I'd like to know if there's any interest. Here are the products I'm considering offering on TLPM:

Critter Be Better line
Vitamin C tabs
Mountain Grass Smaks
Cranberry Smaks
Papaya Smaks

Thanks!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:44 am

Have you done a comparison of Critical Care and Critter Be Better ingredients? This might be helpful.

mkkayla
Supporter in '14

Post   » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:31 am

I have tried the Critter be better stuff and it is NOT good for syringe feeding at all. It doesn't mix well with the water like CC does and you end up getting colored water in your syringe and very little actual product. If they will eat it on their own (mine won't) perhaps it's OK but it doesn't syringe well at all.

I have a mostly full container if anyone wants it. :(

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:06 am

Wow - that's an awesome price on the Critical Care. I pay more for it from Calvet!

And ditto on being able to handfeed with the Critter be better. On top of that my pigs seem to prefer CC if I offer it to them in a bowl.

sef1268
Supporter in 2019

Post   » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:14 am

Be sure to let me know how the service is, if you order the CC. I have had no problems with Lambriar so far, but want to hear if there are any issues at all.

I'm working on a line-by-line nutritional comparison of the CC and the CBB. Really, I've used the CBB and thought it performed pretty well. I used a 3cc oral syringe for feeding, and found that the solution stayed together fairly well. The key (it seemed to me) is not watering it down too much to begin with. But it helps to know what others have experienced with it.

Any interest in the other APD items I'm looking at? Ignore the pricing on their website...I should be able to beat it by as much as a couple of dollars on some items.

Thanks!

rshevin

Post   » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:51 am

The website didn't appear to provide ingredients lists. I'm not willing to buy anything without that.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:03 pm

Are the "Smaks" comparable to Oxbow's Critter Berries? I wish they had a picture of the Smaks along with the bag.

Sef, I ordered some CC from Lambriar.

396 posts