UK and Europe - Information

Possunen

Post   » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:05 am

YAY! Thanks for the links to UK and Germany, now I can order some grids! I have been looking for them ages now!

Kylo

Post   » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:32 am

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291060307021?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The link above will get you 30 C&C Cage grids for £35 quid in mainland UK at the moment. £6.99 more for people on Northern Ireland and outlying areas.
Literally just ordered some. Thought I'd throw it up here while it's around.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:40 am

Wow, white ones too.

Dive on these whilst you can!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:21 pm

Just a quick note to say today I was sent an extensive listing of UK rescues. I alphabetized it and tried to add a listing of locations to help people find a rescue near them. A few rescues did not add a location so I don't know where they are.

Here's the new list!

http://www.guinealynx.info/rescue_organizations_uk_gpf.html

People on The Guinea Pig Forum worked on this and want to get the word out so more people will adopt.

SardonicSmile

Post   » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:27 pm

For people in The Netherlands, c&c cages available through this website

http://www.caviadraadkubus.nl/c-c-cages-.html

One advertised cage is 2x2 so way too small, and these cages are pretty pricy, but they come to your home ready for easy assembly according to the site, so maybe it is worth it.

MrsSuzy

Post   » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:28 am

Lynx, can I add something to that list of UK rescues? I volunteer with Hazelcroft Rescue, Hertfordshire and we now have a website so it would be good to add the web address for that. Shall I add to this post or pm to you?

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:43 am

You can email me with the details (sometimes easier to look up old emails to find out who has recommended who). The board mailer should work fine for this or you can use:

gl/mail.html

SardonicSmile

Post   » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:50 pm

So I haven't done an analysis of all ingredients in the below pellets, because I lack the knowledge, but I looked at the main ingredient, fiber and protein content and calcium and phosphorus percentages.

Below are pellets that have a grass as the main ingredient and are low in calcium. They are usually available in (large) parts of Europe (Zooplus delivers widespread). A good pellet is hard to find, but I think these four are relatively okay for our piggies

VetCarePlus Multi Modal Guinea Pig Food (not a pellet, more of a stick)

Main ingredient: dried timothy hay
Crude fibre: 25%
Calcium: 0,5% (phosphorus 0,4%)
Protein: 16%

JR Farm Grainless Complete

Main ingredient: timothy grass
Crude fibre: 23%
Calcium: 0,5% (phosphorus 0,3%)
Protein: 11,2%

Bunny GuineaPigDream BASIC

Main ingredient: grasses
Crude fibre: 21%
Calcium: 0,6% (phosphorus 0,4%)
Protein: 16%

LivingWorldGreen Adult CelluPlus (hard to get)

Main ingredient: timothy grass
Crude fibre: 22%
Calcium: 0,4-0,6% (phosphorus 0,3%)
Protein: 13%

Hopefully this will be of help to fellow Europeans

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:10 pm

I think yours is a reasonable analysis.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:14 am