Different Breeds of Guinea Pigs (A Breeders view)

rshevin

Post   » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:48 pm

Mum's pictures of her satin (Heddwyn?) are excellent and really show off his shine.

Piggster

Post   » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:10 pm

Josephine, I have some great pics of my satin piggy Derek, my avatar. leebee did a photo shoot of all of my pigs a year and a half ago when he was still with me. Let me know and I'll forward the link to you via email.

I also need to get in touch with you re the date I mentioned to you back on Fri 06-01. I'm still finalizing the date and will let you know within the next couple weeks. I'm thinking early Oct.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:19 pm

Can you post the link here, Piggster?

I think that first pic of Heddwyn should be a keeper. I think it is definitely representative of a satin.

Piggster

Post   » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:28 pm

I just sent the link to you through the mailer. I didn't want to post it here without leebee's permission first.

jellybones

Post   » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:40 pm

Well I guess I have 1 Teddie and 1 American. I thought they were both Teddies but I guess not!

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:25 am

A friend of mine had a Coronet. I can ask her to post pics she took of him and see if any are good.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:37 am

Thanks.

I will now start on the second grouping of breeds, if anyone can oblige. The varieties will be last and I'm sure I will use many of the pictures already posted! If you have pigs of different colors other than the ones posted or have Aby Satins, Peruvian Satins, Silkie Satins, Teddy Satins, Texel Satins, or any other Satins, please post pics.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:41 am

Merino
Alpaca
Somali
Ridgeback
Baldwin
Skinny
Lunkarya
Curly
Sheba Mini Yak

I will not hold out on most of these, but I know there are some people with Skinnies and Baldwins. Maybe a Merino?

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:54 am

Hmm... double delayed post by more than 5 minutes. I will NEVER understand these things.

kristina
Supporter in '12

Post   » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:21 am

I have a chocolate American. Since I didn't see a pig in that color I will try to get a good picture tonight and post a link here.

veckard

Post   » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:34 am

Is Zoe a ridgeback? She doesn't have any whorls, just the spikiness on her back.
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p205 ... oe1009.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p205 ... d/3012.jpg