theory on chirping

MusicalDreamDoll

Post   » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:18 am

I have to ask, is wheeking same as them chirping? See, I have a very vocal pig who is making very soft noises all day, and then I have Choko, who is not vocal until I either walk into the room or when he hears the fridge or a bag sound. But his is more like a wheek kind of sound, very high pitched and LOUD. I know that he does it asking for veggies hee hee

bats

Post   » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:40 am

No.

SylvesterPiggie

Post   » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:23 am

My chirping pig made it sound like there was a bird in the house. If you hear chirping, there is no mistaking what it is.

rokupic

Post   » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:36 pm

My Chick is a chirper. Sounds like a bird, late at night, you know the story.

This morning after I delivered clean bowls and fresh pellets, she and her cagemate Scratch were arguing as usual over who got to stand in the food bowl first. About 5 minutes later, Chick was chirping at the top of lungs and didn't stop when I came in the room. All the neighbor pigs stopped in their tracks and listened. Chick was facing Scratch, who had buried herself in the hay.

Could it be she's unhappy when she's chirping? She and Scratch tolerate each other but don't seem to be best buds. Is she complaining about her poor lot in life? "I have no friends, stupid Scratch doesn't want to play, Scratch ate all the food...."

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:02 pm

3 out of my 4 pigs chirp, so life is just down right torturous here. :p

No, I don't think it is a complain or a whine.
I think it is just ,... a call to the Alien Mothership.

Post   » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:19 pm

I only ever had one of my pigs chirp. Morgana chirped at my father when he was installing the ceiling fan in the animal room. I guess she thought he needed a supervisor to tell him how to do his job!

MaryK

Post   » Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:48 pm

Our Eggnog has only chirped once, from what we've heard (maybe he's done it other times when we weren't around though...who knows). It was around 7am and the chirping began. We listened to it for a minute, then I tiptoed to their room and peeked into it and he was just laying there, chirping away. I accidentally creaked the floor, he spotted me, and immediately stopped and starting eating some hay. That was last summer...haven't heard it since.

katt

Post   » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:19 am

My lil lethal Faithy is a chirper, all hours and LOUD! Interestingly enough she has moved rooms, from my daughters room to the sunroom and into a big single bed C&C, and two buddies opposed to one, and the chirping is no more :(

LibraryGryffon

Post   » Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:39 pm

CeCe, my sweet, brainless, texel, has chirped twice that I know of. Of the 17 pigs we've had for any length of time she's the only one who's ever done it while we could hear. (For all I know the entire lot of them spend the whole time we're off to work/school chirping in harmony.)

Mostly, in addition to wheeking, they sit and burble at each other, or what we call "borking" since whatever it is, it sounds like the Swedish Chef.

MuffinFace

Post   » Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:14 pm

AGH! Library, that's EXACTLY what me and my bf call it. He likes it even more than I do. He'll sit there, reading a book, and occassionally look up at the pigs and go 'bork bork bork bork!' Or alternatively, 'borka borka borka!'

He's weird. The pigs just bork right back at him.

TexCavy

Post   » Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:04 pm

Did I ever tell you all that Foster, my main chirper, has continued to chirp even after being picked up? (And he's a boar that loves being held) It is so odd to be holding a sweet plump pig while he chirps away in a trance.

rokupic

Post   » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:05 pm

I've got video of chirping! A week ago, I was sitting next to the pig condo and Chick started chirping. She kept it up for nearly an hour and fortunately, the camera was close by.

She's chirped numerous times since and no longer stops when the humans are present. I wish I knew what she wanted!!

Video at http://s97.photobucket.com/albums/l203/ ... Chirp1.flv