Boarfume

Sidera17

Post   » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:02 pm

I've got an endless source of boarfume under Spike's cage if you need any. XD

JaneDoe

Post   » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:49 am

Yeah, there seems to be a plentiful suppy of it. Amazing that some people would actually BUY it from me.

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:08 am

I re-posted it on Craigslist, as devotion to St. Fartina has fallen off and no one wants to donate to Small Head Disease research: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/ ... 00003.html

Sidera17

Post   » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:38 am

AHAHA! I saw the name of this thread and laughed my ass off. Then realized I had commented on it two years ago.

I notice it's in DC. If they want a New England scent, let me know. I've got three boys lined up here. ;)

Crrrystal

Post   » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:08 am

Coffee nearly came out my nose. I almost wasted coffee, darn you!

Ditto. If anybody wants something homegrown and earthy, I've got two very adolescent Midwestern boars who can supply, well, a lifetime's worth of the stuff to anybody silly enough to reply. Right now, it's concentrated right over their cage (i.e., right where my face went during poop patrol tonight).

Danya2

Post   » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:49 am

"homegrown & earthy" tehe

More like earthy decomp. That stuff is incredible.

On a serious note, when I go spot clean their home in the mornings, is there anything I can do to keep the smell from going up my nose? I really don't like smelling it all day. I have tried the face mask things for germ prevention. Has enyone experimented with appling anything in their nose?

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:54 am

My mom loves the saline gel and it smells nice. I bet it would work!

Danya2

Post   » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:57 am

Saline Gel - Would I use something like a q-tip to apply?

Does anyone else have the problem of the smell staying in their nose?

Piggywig

Post   » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:26 pm

When I have to clean out Louie's impaction area.... sheez loowheez, people. I could make enough boarfume from that to conquer the world. Poor piggie. Moose *never* smelled that bad. I guess it's because Louie is younger?

I don't know. New England, huh? Representing the South with Louie here. ;-)

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:45 am

My doctor showed me to use the saline gel thusly: put a pea-sized bead onto your thumb-pad. Snort into one nostril. Repeat on other side. It can feel like a bad 80s after-school special, but it works.

Today I thought I'd save time cleaning by combining my two teams. (It was time to rotate who was in which cage.) There was InstaHumping, so I aborted the mission and just swapped them so each team hung out in the other's dirty cage while I cleaned it. But that meant territory issues! So I drowned in stank while I cleaned and both boys vanquished imaginary foes. :-)

TexCavy

Post   » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:28 am

If the boar gunk were extremely diluted with perfume type chemicals or whatever I bet you'd have a winner there with Boarfume, Jane. lol

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:00 am

My latest post:

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/ ... 56037.html

Alas, no takers. No one wants to contribute to Small Head Disease research, either, even though I posted my Paypal address.