Killer Allie-Belle

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:18 am

Well everyone I have tried to introduce Baby Allie-Belle to the herd (Natasha, Boris, Belle, Roxie, and Baby Nellie) and intros were not so good. While I was worried about my vicious group of piggies attacking the baby, I should have been worried about my existing herd. Here we have a seven week old baby (almost eight weeks) and she went after Natasha and Boris something awful! I was shocked!!!! I have never heard of a baby acting like that. Do you think she was just on high alert and very scared? She chattered her teeth and went after Baby Nellie and than when Nellie stuck her head out at her, Allie literally jumped right over the top of Nellie. I have never in the whole time I have had pigs seen anything like it.

I have her seperated once again. I have to leave later this afternoon and I was WAY to nervious leaving them all together with the way they were acting. Heck if I would have left Allie in there much longer there is no telling what may have happened to my herd! YIKES---watch out for the baby!!!!!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:31 am

Oh no! I'm so sorry that the introductions did not go well. Is everyone all right?

Does Allie-Belle act so high-strung when paired with one other pig?

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:39 am

Everyone is alright. Boris was a bit shook up and took it the worst. He does not like confrontation and has a hard time seeing, poor guy. I did end up intervening when she went after him. He is my baby and my heart jumped right out of my chest when she threw herself at him and the poor guy was just laying down minding his business.

I only tried introducing her to the herd, I did not do one at a time. Maybe she was on alert and tense with them all in there and bigger than her. My herd though did not even seem fazed by her. They just ate and were looking at her. Maybe something was being said under their breath, or they gave her "the look" in guinea pig language, I am not sure. She appeared to be going after them for no reason. I will possibly try again later---maybe much later.

I was going to put her in with Twinkle, Sidney, and Sherman and I am glad that I did'nt--she would have had them for lunch. Those pigs are very layed back!!!

Who would have ever thought.....? Just look at that face...

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:40 am

Allie-Belle is having trouble living up to all the beautiful pigs and their special way of life.

I sure hope she stops being nasty to our favorite herd. Maybe somewhere along the line a group attacked her.

Boris my darling, are you ok??

MrsKey

Post   » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:08 pm

Yikes. Cutie pie Allie? She seemed so quiet and sweet when I met her. :-)

I think she may have just been overwhelmed by meeting the whole group together. Perhaps some supervised one-on-one and then two-on-one introductions might be better? Not that I'm the Pig Whisperer or anything, but I can see how meeting the whole herd at one time after being alone for several weeks might be a bit stressful on a young pig.

I hope it all goes better the next time.

Regards,

Carole
(still waiting for baby piggies to arrive)

Topaz

Post   » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:11 pm

Wow, who woulda thunk it?? She sure does look innocent enough.

I bet she was just overwhelmed and on the defense too.

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:13 pm

Oh my goodness! All that sweetness and you've got a little spitfire on your hands. I like the idea of introducing her to one or two at a time. And then to the others, she may not be so overwhelmed. Poor Boris, he was just minding his own business. Hang in there Weaver, I'm sure it'll be ok.

dgarriques
Got Pigs?

Post   » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:23 pm

Extra kisses to Boris too.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:28 pm

Little Allie! Don't do that to our WEAVER pigs!

Maybe try doing smaller intros in a more neutral place (the bath tub, I've read is a good place).

Trust me, I know the stress of introductions and I do not envy your days ahead! Good luck and please be careful.

rshevin

Post   » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:53 pm

Maybe she felt threatened by a whole group of pigs she didn't know? Do you think you could do bathroom introductions one at a time? Pick the 1 pig you think is the most "mothery" maybe? I don't know. I hope you can figure it out!

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:41 pm

Wow! She's still pretty young to do that, too. Who knew?

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:07 pm

Does anyone else think when they see her pic, "I'm an angel! I'd never do anything like that?" teehee