Killer Allie-Belle

TwoWhitePiggies

Post   » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:48 pm

Weird you say that, Karen. My brother-in-law had an evil cat named Alley. This monster once sat on the stairs and attacked Jim, stabbing his claws into the tendons on Jim's hand, for no apparent reason.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:59 am

What, our little angel Allie Belle did what?
Tsk tsk...
WEAVER, I would try to take things REAL slow, like an intro with a single piggy at a time...
Wishing you the best, and kisses to Natasha, Boris and baby Nellie.

Tammy

Post   » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:24 am

Maybe it's time for a new name?

Olwen

Post   » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:42 am

I have a pig like that. I feel bad for him and he is really good with people. Very cuddly and sweet. If I put him in with any other pig, all his hair stands up on end and lunges and attacks whoever he can get to first...

I am hoping age will settle him down eventually.

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:19 pm

Olwen--that is just like Allie. She is REALLY sweet. She just lets you pick her up and she is so snuggly and talkative. She gets so excited when you open the door to her cage (she is in a petstore cage for quarentine) and runs right up to the opening and puts her little feet on the opening waiting to get some love. She is very happy and popcorns all of the time and yells up a storm. Truly she is a great piggie and we are in love without a doubt.

She was lonely the day we took her away from her brothers and was very scared for the first few days. Now she is happy and well-balanced. Friends, or no friends, I guess only time will tell.

Olwen

Post   » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:00 pm

So true, I can honestly say that everyone is happier with Gazoo on his own (With a common wall). When I first set it up this way, the other pigs would get together and try to pull the wall down, but after a few days everyone settled down.

I do sometimes put Gazoo in with everyone for floor time, but usually have to separate again within minutes.

Keep trying, maybe you will have better luck than I have had!

EllieMom

Post   » Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:46 pm

What a face!

She reminds me of our little Gingey, who is also still only "visiting" the big girls thanks to Doodle, who is insecure and won't leave her alone when we put the three girls together.

You can tell Ginger wants to be with them when they have floor time together, but Doodle makes her life miserable every time she ventures close until Ginger gets fed up and pees in her face. Then Doodle runs back to Oreo and and you can almost hear her, (imagine your best 13-year-old Valley Girl voice) "OMG, did you just see what she did! She peed in my face. OMG, some people are just so gross." Oreo just sits and eats through it all.

Sonaa

Post   » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:49 pm

Awww! Poor Weaver piggies! Tell us right away what happens!!

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:43 am

Well everyone, I wanted to give you a quick update and let you know that I tried introductions again yesterday. I began with letting Allie and Belle have floortime together. Everything was fine for about the first five minutes than Belle went after her. I left Allie in there, hoping Belle would just establish her dominance and than leave Allie alone (or at least somewhat). That did not happen though and she started to really bite her (no blood). I did come to the conclusion that Allie was not going to work out with the herd seeing Belle is the most laid-back out of all five of them and she was not even giving the baby a chance.

I let Allie calm down a bit and brought in the other group--the trio. I kept Sherman and Sidney in a laundry basket while Twinkle met Allie. Twinkle is one of my most laid back pigs, but she did not like Allie either. She was chattering, chattering, and REALLY chattering. I got brave and put Sidney into the mix----more chattering and her and Twinkle actually started to fight. I thought at that point I might as well add Sherman to the mix....well I am glad that I did. I put all of the woman in their places and kind of even protected the baby. Needless to say...Allie has a new guinea pig family to be part of. She has been in the cage for close to 24 hours and all is going fairly smoothly (keeping fingers crossed).

I did take pictures and even a few movies of intros but I have not taken them off of my camara yet. I will try to do that later on tonight so you can see the group meeting their new baby. I am happy the baby is no longer alone!

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:33 am

That's wonderful!!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:47 pm

Yay for Sherman! I'm happy that Allie has an ally. :)

Nailfoot

Post   » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:29 pm

Wow. So, one on one was no good, two on one was no good, but three on one and Presto! That's really cool.