You Know You´re a Novice When...

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Mon Feb 25, 2002 8:08 pm

I can´t seem to distinguish between the breeds of pigs, so I know I am going to sounds blatently stupid when I ask this, but....

....Can anyone tell me what breed of Guinea pig my dear pig is? ?(
Feel free to mock my lack of knowlegde, Pinta and Evangeline. You know you want to. :)

Thanks guys!

Jill

Post   » Mon Feb 25, 2002 8:32 pm

Dobby, I think people are easier on you when you admit to your lack of knowledge and want to learn. It´s when you foolishly feign fountains of knowledge that the fur begins to fly......but it can be oh so entertaining in a naughty sort of way! If I remember correctly from reading old posts, that is where Evangeline´s "Trollop" nickname originated.

pinta

Post   » Mon Feb 25, 2002 8:38 pm

I know nothing about breeds or genetics. Mine are all mutts.

And "I am my pigs mom" is right. It´s misinformation that´s potentially harmful that sets me off............Everything sets off the Trollop.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Feb 25, 2002 8:52 pm

Well. I´m going to take a wild, uninformed guess. I think it is short haired. An American. Bi-colored with a stripey middle.

So there. Oh, and cute. Your pig is darn cute. I think that´s what counts. And niceness, too.

ladyveg

Post   » Mon Feb 25, 2002 9:43 pm

He´s a Twinkie.

pigpal

Post   » Mon Feb 25, 2002 11:14 pm

If you really wanted to set Evangeline off you could have asked what kind of pig you have, but WITHOUT posting a picture. Descriptions such as: "kind of beigey-brown with lighter patches" or "caramel and cream, with shortish hair" are guaranteed to get her all hot under the collar too.

Your pig is very photogenic, I love his coloring - whatever the official name is!

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2002 10:23 am

Beige and white American...broken? Mismarked Dutch?

I like LV´s description best.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2002 10:56 am

Yeah, where is Evangeline, anyway??? This is the kind of thing she loves -- telling people what kind of pig they have. And making fun of the rest of us. I think she must have been a Greek Godess in another life.

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2002 5:03 pm

Well, Lynx, it seems you are quite sarcastic. :) I didn´t have a clue he had a stripey middle...thank you ever so much for pointing that out.  :)

I know, Pigpal...he is quite photogenic. He just stands there, or sits there, or lies there with this looks in his eyes that says, "Snap that picture quick or I´ll gnaw your knuckles off"

Now, any suggestions as to what I should actually name him? I call him so many different things that he doesn´t even know that any of them are his names, just random words that come out of my mouth. He must think I´m mental. ;)

Where the hell´s Evangeline? I expected some sort of remark about what Pinta and Pigpal had said about her, but nothing! How dull.

Sunny

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2002 5:30 pm

Dobby, I think you should name him "Bunny" since he hops around so much, he must think he is a bunny. LOL!!

Sunny

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2002 5:31 pm

I´d say Twinkie, but that name is already taken :-)

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2002 5:33 pm

Maybe I´ll call him Kanga, or Roo. I know it´s a cheap rip-off of the Winnie the Pooh characters, but no rabbit hops around like this little piggy.