Popcorning -- How High Do They Go?

Alfie

Post   » Mon Mar 11, 2002 10:44 pm

Oooh... Pig Brother is watching you!

CenterFielderNo5

Post   » Tue Mar 12, 2002 12:06 am

Wow, other people dream about their piggies too. About two weeks ago, I actually had a nightmare. Their C&C cage was falling apart, and they were all running around on the floor unsupervised - boys and girls. Not a good thing because a pregnancy resulted. At least I think it did. I woke up before I could find out.

The next morning, I went downstairs to check on them, and of course, they were fine. But I promised myself I would build a lid to entirely close the top of their cage. Never did, and 4 nights ago, one of the females jumped the wall and spent some time with the boys (you may have read about it at the caviesgalore forums). Guess they were trying to tell me something.

Now I´m getting ready to transfer the girls to a separate C&C cage across the room so there won´t be any more problems.

Sunny

Post   » Tue Mar 12, 2002 1:23 pm

Ha! Very funny Dobby (lettuce leaf Camouflage) :-). I´m still hoping you can capture it. Stubborn little bugger.

Sunny

Post   » Tue Mar 12, 2002 1:27 pm

CenterFielderNo5 - I too dream about my pigs. I had a dream once that I was out in the yard gardening with Spot and didn´t notice he had run off. When I found him, he was under a bush and had found a little wild Guinea Pig family! And they had accepted him and welcomed him into their natural, wild life. I was so sad because I wanted him to live in the wild, but knew I would miss him horribly!

What do you think Freud would say about our dreaming of piggies? I´m afraid to think of it!

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Mar 12, 2002 1:55 pm

My most recent dream about pigs was giving Max a bath. I think it just meant I missed him. I have had dreams about herds of pigs, too. Not sure what that would mean....Tribbles on the brain?

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Tue Mar 12, 2002 7:03 pm

Thursday night I dreamed the Buddy turned out to be a female (which he definitely is NOT), and a pregnant one at that!
He/she had a little of 4, and they were all huge and totally brown, except for the runt of the litter, which was a frog, not a pig at all....

What the hell does that signify???

pinta

Post   » Tue Mar 12, 2002 7:23 pm

I had a boar named Chester who was incredibly protective of his family of pigs. He wasn´t related but he thought he was. After he died, I would dream of him occasionally. Within a day one of his family would die. It got so I knew there would be a death when I dreamed of Chester. I stopped dreaming of him when all the pigs he had known died.

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Tue Mar 12, 2002 7:28 pm

That´s strange, Pinta. Nice, but strange.
Ever have any other premonitions, or were they all pig related?

pinta

Post   » Tue Mar 12, 2002 7:35 pm

A few. None pig related.

CenterFielderNo5

Post   » Wed Mar 13, 2002 1:38 am

Wow, that´s a very interesting story. Forget what Freud would say, I´d want to hear John Edward´s interpretation of it.

After writing my last post on this thread, I remembered I had a dream about a month ago where I woke up to police outside my house (in my dream I woke up - there weren´t actually police around my house and I didn´t actually wake up), and I thought there were burglars running all around my neighborhood. There were sharpshooters and everything.

But actually, the police were there to capture a wild leopard that had escaped and was eating everything in sight.

As soon as I realized my piggies were outside hiding under a shrub, I woke up from my nightmare and nearly had a heart attack. Checked on the piggies after I actually woke up and they were fast asleep.

I wonder why all my guinea pig dreams turn out to be nightmares.

Sunny

Post   » Wed Mar 13, 2002 7:01 pm

CenterFielderNo5 - I think you love them so much and are just worried about losing them. Have you lost other loved ones? That might make you more vigilent.

Pinta - that´s a little strange. I´ve never known anyone who had premonitions.

Dobby - the runt was a frog? I think this signifies a twisted, warped brain (only joking!!!) Pretty funny though.

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Wed Mar 13, 2002 7:18 pm

Thanks, Sunny....yeesh, can you feel the love? ;)

Evangeline

Post   » Wed Mar 13, 2002 7:19 pm

Pinta is friggin´ scary. A while ago, we were talking on the phone and she asked me how my cat was. He had been sick and I was pleased to tell her he had been fine for several weeks. I swear to God, not ten minutes after I hung up, the darn cat was sick again. And it´s all HER fault! Witch!

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Wed Mar 13, 2002 7:24 pm

That´s why she´s "Evil and Dreaded".

Jill

Post   » Thu Mar 14, 2002 2:10 pm

I think it is because she pushes children off cliffs.....

Evangeline

Post   » Thu Mar 14, 2002 3:45 pm

LOL
Thanks for the laugh, IAMPM.

CenterFielderNo5

Post   » Thu Mar 14, 2002 6:58 pm

Better children than guinea pigs.

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Thu Mar 14, 2002 7:31 pm

Tell child welfare that.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Mar 14, 2002 10:01 pm

I believe you have it wrong. I think she only gives out maps and directions. It´s the ones who don´t listen or never learned how to read maps who get into trouble.

aSAHMof3Rs

Post   » Fri Apr 26, 2002 7:50 am

Isabelle hasn´t popcorned much in the month I´ve had her. She did when I got her the new cage, the first time she had floor time in a huge cage (in other words not held because we are so afraid she´ll get lost in our house), and then again tonight after she got this thicker new bedding and new toys. She doesn´t get very high off the ground at all when she does this- just barely enough for her to do a full all the way around twist (and land back facing the same direction she was before) BUT I know she can jump higher- she jumps on her upper level all the the time! She is a big piggie though.. about 15/16mo old, 3lbs and can just stand up holding the top level and try to get her mouth to the food when she´s trying to check out something "new" I´ve put up there. LOL

BTW- we got that tug´n´tumble toy today in that order and I asked that same question on another board. Why does a tugntumble toy that is supposed to look like a guinea pig having a curly plastic tail on the end? I had to cut it off. Yep, sure did... destroyed that tail minutes after I gave it to her. Because that´s all she wanted to do was chew it and within a few seconds (literally) had almost chewed it off anyways! I tried to cut it down to nothing but ofcourse the teeniest piece is still on there.... now she grabs that tiny piece (don´t know how) with her front teeth and drags that toy around much to the giggly delight of my youngest (22mo old daughter). :)

But I was wonding the same thing.Why did they put a tail on a GP toy that is supposed to resemble one? GPs don´t have tails do that? none of them- right?

40 posts