Critical care mix-ins

rshevin

Post   » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:12 am

Thanks everyone for the advice, especially about the oats. The starchy sweetness does concern me but, of course, so does his thin hips. It seems like I should limit the length of time so I'll go with 1 full week and then go back to mush alone.

Tonight's mix-in was carrot and it seemed to go over well enough. This strange pig will only eat of a regular metal spoon. I've tried plates and I even got some of Momo's baby spoons and he likes mine. Typical but anything to get him to eat. Tonight he ate more than he has in days. Good boy!

Salana, I'm only half joking when I say maybe they stopped carrying BeachNut mango dessert because all of a sudden no one was buying it? If this superfood has the consistency of critical care, how on earth do humans drink it? YUCK.

Now the other thing is I've been looking more for level 2 foods. I thought they might have more fiber? I know nothing about baby foods really.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:40 am

Not sure if he'll like the sweet potato but you can try it.

Steve ate off a spoon, too, or directly from the bowl. Try a pointy spoon vs a wide, round one. Easier to direct the food into his little mouth.

Used Carefresh did really well in our garden, too. We also used it to help the grass after we redid our walkway.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:10 am

All my pigs adore cc mixed in with canned pumpkin. I buy large cans of it and then freeze it in ice cube trays.

I don't use any water when I'm just putting it in a dish - just the pumpkin and the cc.

I do use a touch of steel cut oats for old, very thin pigs to help them maintain weight (about 1 tsp - not a kitchen tsp - in a dish of cc).

Edited to say - oh, I just read your first para - sounds like you've already tried this!

I second the sweet potatoes or baby carrots, although all my pigs prefer the pumpkin.

rshevin

Post   » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:22 am

Human prefers pumpkin because of all the nice fiber it has for sure! The pig just isn't overly impressed. What a doofus.

24 posts