Scales

Jeff

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2002 12:22 am

More than ever I´m convinced that I need a scale to weigh my cavy with. Where did you all get your scales? What should I look for in a scale? What is a reasonable price range, there are some very expensive scales out there.

pigpal

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2002 12:29 am

You can find kitchen scales in the housewares section of most department stores (Macy´s) or a specialty kitchenware shop, like Williams Sonoma. Bed, Bath and Beyond have them too.

I like the European kind that weighs in kilograms and grams as well as pounds and ounces. Some come with a bowl on top that you can turn over so it forms a lid, those bowls are just the right size for guinea pigs! Get a good quality scale as it will be more accurate and last longer, it´ll probably be around $20 or so.

Or .....you could order one online like this one:

http://www.kitchencollection.com/temppr ... u=01049831
Last edited by pigpal on Wed Feb 27, 2002 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2002 1:42 am

I have been very happy with mine. I got it at Lechters in CA, but I think they may have gone out of business. It is a Salter brand. It is called "The Baker´s Dream." Model #3007. I paid $50.00 for it. Why... I am not sure!! But... I do really like it and I use it all the time. I like to weigh the piggies. It is amazing too... two of my pigs have been EXACTLY the same weight, to the gram, for 4 months. Week after week. I wish my weight was that consistant!!

Kara

KarasKavies

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2002 1:43 am

Here´s a link to the scale I have.

http://www.buychoice.com/BuyChoice/Prod ... dLinecd=89

Kara

pinta

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2002 2:14 am

Mine was about $12 Can. bought at a Walmart-like place. It´s accurate enough to weigh my mail on. Has kgs and lbs. and a bowl on top to put the pig in.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2002 7:48 am

Pinta´s scale (really cute -- especially with pig):

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:41 am

That has to be the cutest thing I have ever seen.

taterbug

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:47 am

I bought mine at Target and if I am remembering correctly it cost $10.00, however do not put money on my memory. It resembles Pinta´s but the bowl is much lower.

LynnK

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2002 2:25 pm

Yep me and taterbug have the same one our other friend in that hosted our pignic last year finally got one it´s very similar to mine and taters!

KarasKavies

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2002 9:05 pm

Pinta, your pig is just darling!! I love the little white patch on the head. We need a name! Oh, and a sex!

Kara

pinta

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2002 11:11 pm

Taffeta, the diabetic.

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Thu Feb 28, 2002 6:56 pm

Wal Mart has their kitchen scales reduced to $8 CDN here, with a nice sized bowl for pig weighing. Some of you may want to check it out if you don´t already have one. :)
I got mine there today.