Show your cage... again!

pigsforlife3

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:57 am

The girls current cage is a 2.5x4.5 C&C cage. It holds Buttercup, Lily, Toffee and Rosie. It is about 1.55sq m. As my math is awful, I used this site http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/ to convert it to feet for you all. According to that site it is just over 16sq ft.

This is the most updated photo I have of it. There is a litter box in the corner, that they dont use so I might as well take it out once I have gone through the litter. In their hay rack is Oaten Hay, and the best that I have available to me at the time. Their hay rack was due for a top up. The corflute that you can see up the side of the cage is their lazy lounge. Under the towel is there stuffed bone and cuddle cup.

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:21 pm

Guess what?! I got my shelving unit in today. WooHoo!!! The foster kids will have new rooms hopefully in the next few days (unless I can get it all done tonight, we shall see, my daughter has girl scouts and we have to get the cookies). Anyways, Erin, did you get your coroplast cut up w/ Mr. Ray? Hmmm? Or have you been busy? Hope the arm's doing better.

MichelleintheOC

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:11 pm

Will a 2x2 with a 1x2 loft be okay for a single male? He's single because he's highly agressive with other pigs {humping, biting, blood shed}.

lisam

Post   » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:49 pm

A 2x2 C&C cage really isn't big enough. You don't count the upper levels when counting cage square footage. Can't you at least make the bottom a 2x3?

MichelleintheOC

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:31 am

Yes, I was just wondering :) so a 2x3 with a loft is good?

Char-x

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:20 am

This is the cage for my two girls - 2 diff set ups:

They usually have a wooden willow area, cosy soft area and a hay patch and then just space and some more toys - i still need to buy them some more toys! I always get asked so ill say...the big white square near all the hay in the 2nd picture is a velverty bed I brought them but realised it wouldnt wick so added towels and vet bed on it, and the big yellow thing is a really soft peice of vet bed.

My single bachelors cage, nice retirement home (we got him from an outdoor hutch where he as fed stale bread when he was lucky =O ):

Whats under the fleece :P

These are my pigs:

Tallulah - diabetic softie, only one who secretly loves being picked up:
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc18 ... ebabes.jpg

Gypsey the cheeky tom boy (bottom right picture shes standing on her willow hut)
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc18 ... dBabes.jpg

Hoover the old rescued man, can be very grumpy but secretly loves to have fuss and be cheeky:
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc18 ... yBabes.jpg

Princess Aurora

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:19 pm

I've seen your cages in GPC, Char-x. I love your set up, so spacious and playfull for the piggies.

Cute piggies aswell! ^^

rshevin

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:06 pm

A 2x3 is ok for a single pig but you may want to consider a 2x4 and adopting a buddy from a rescue/shelter. Just a thought. It's a often easier to build big to begin with than to add on later. The cost of a 2x4 is the same as a 2x3.

MichelleintheOC

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:50 pm

He doesn't like other pigs, as I stated above.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:52 pm

Will a 2x2 with a 1x2 loft be okay for a single male? H
No. I always keep any single pigs in a 2x3. A 2x2 doesn't give the pig enough room to run around, and it gets wet very, very quickly.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:12 pm

Has he been treated for mites? It can make them irritable.

Or you can look into getting him neutered if he is otherwise healthy. Agreed. 2 by 2 isn't big enough.

natrat65

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:29 pm

Char-x love the cages! What happy piggies you must have.