Show your cage... again!

rshevin

Post   » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:28 pm

Oh and "neumatic" is definitely spelled pneumatic. DUH.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:23 pm

cage is all done. The piggies are absolutely loving it. I'm seeing some popcorn that I haven't seen go at it in awhile. I went ahead and put them all in there despite not being as big as what I wanted, but it reallly seems big enough.

I'm pleased and I think they are too!

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:32 pm

The strings on the top are keeping the front from bowing out from the weight of the water bottles. I put 18 water bottles up, so, kinda heavy :)

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:50 pm

It looks like a really fun place, Erin8607!

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:57 pm

Wow! Great job Erin! I got my foster cage done just a bit ago except I need to add a third level but I don't have any piggies to fill that space yet. I'll finish that up this weekend. Now to clean the bedroom where they're at. Oh my, what a mess!!! :) I'll have to get some pics this weekend too. But I like the ease of yours! And what a very large "guinea pig" in that 5th picture. :)

DaCourt

Post   » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:48 am

Erin, I thin kyou need more hey. That is one funny looking piggy in the 5th picture.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:17 am

The new cage is fantastic!

Liann

Post   » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:47 am

Wow, that cage is HUGE! I wish I had a room big enough for a cage that size!

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:42 am

Well, the girls have been in there a few days now. They love it. And I find myself sitting and watching them all interact with each other for hours. Shelly and Mama Pearl have taken a bit to get used to it, but they are both finally moving around the entire cage instead of staying in a small area. Some are enjoying it that I didn't expect would much care, which is nice. Gives them something new in life.

I thought veggie time might be an issue, but it hasn't been. They all seem to stay and beg in their little areas.

It's kinda cute. The piggies that were grouped together before in the smaller cages are staying pretty much together. I find the same "friends" laying together under stools and such. It's pretty interesting to watch them all.

Might try to build the boys cage tomorrow. But, might have to wait until Ray goes home because I gotta move a bunch of stuff and I'd rather spend time with him while he's here :)

Brandilynn
Who's your Branni?

Post   » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:10 am

Very cool!! What a great piggie palace! *frowns at Foster and Tajjie who just wont get along*

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:57 pm

Ok here are some pics of my brand new foster cages. Please don't look at the empty hayracks. I filled them up right after the shots were taken. It's so cute to see Mocha zooming through the cage. And you can also see my messy foster girls and their pad. I have to do some hoovering of their poos and spilled pellets.

Here's the entire cage. I still have to put on the 4th level (the coroplast is on top of the cage). I'll be able to house two more piggies. The stuff that's on the 4th level now will be stored on the top level.

Here's the hay rack and potty area. I had a time trying to figure out what kind of rack to use. I found these shelf things around the house (I have three of them). I cut them in half and ziptied coroplast onto the shelf thingy. You can also see the opening I made into the coroplast wall for them to get into the potty/hay area.

And here are the cleanest piggies I've seen. Pebbles in the lighter colored girl and Mocha is the one w/ a black "jacket" and white "pants". Mocha's the one that likes to zoom around.

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:02 pm

As you can see Pebbles & Mocha are living on the third level; next is Rusty & Jersey.

Here's Rusty poking her head out and Jersey's waiting for the hay in the background.

And on the bottom level (where I can sit & talk w/ them easier) are Swiss & Colby.

Here's Swiss:

And my spitfire foster girl Colby. We're working on "just cause the hand is in the cage doesn't mean it's going to pick her up". She's doing better. She enjoys a good scritch on the head.

LorVoll

Post   » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:18 pm

Wow Erin, I love your setup. Looks like fun!

Jenn, nice foster cages. I'd love to have colored coroplast. I didn't see any at my sign store. I may have to road trip down to get some! (Ok, I could probably find it closer, but really, any excuse to get together again, lol!).

I'll have to get a photo of my 'son' Wiggy and I with our heads together to see if yours and Kerm's assessment is accurate. ; ) In my 80's hair days, I'd probably have looked more like Pumpkin Spice if she were blonde! I trimmed her big hair this past weekend.

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:28 pm

I started out w/ yellow but I know the place I go to has white. Not sure if I could get other colors or not. Never looked into it since it's about $25/sheet. Ouch!! :)

Liann

Post   » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:46 pm

I just finished the girls new cage last night. I posted some pics in their thread, but thought I would go ahead and add it here to the cage thread. I did use a ton of zip ties since I built a stand too. It seems very sturdy so far. The girls are really appreciating the added room. They were in a 2x3!

Feylin

Post   » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:19 pm

I thought I'd post some pictures of how I arrange my towels under the fleece since I've seen some questions about it.

The ramp and top level get done after the main level, so they are still fleeced. You can see CJ peeking out from the hay loft!

I have3 bath towels folded in half under the whole cage. There are hand towels folded in half under the sleeping areas. It took me a few weeks to figure out where everyone pees the most!

Here's the cage with the fleece over it. I tuck the fleece between the grids and the coroplast to keep Fred from burrowing under it.

Lucky34100

Post   » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:32 am

Here's my new guinea pig home. This is my first C&C attempt, and my room in my apartment is tiny so I didn't really try anything too complex. Actually the hardest part was moving all my furniture around to make space for it.

Kirby showing off her loft. The cage is right up against the wall so that's why I didn't continue the grids higher.

Under the loft is their hay/litter box

Ducky and Kirby seem to really like it

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:03 am

Lucky, your cage is so pretty and peaceful-looking with the blue and white fleece. It reminds me of clouds in the sky.

Feylin, I like your colorful cage. That is a smart idea to add extra towels to their favorite sleeping spots!

Liann, I admired your cage on your own thread, and I'm admiring it again, here. :)

Jenn, I love your hayrack idea. Very clever!

Princess Aurora

Post   » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:18 am

All your cages are so neat, big and beautiful!!

I still want to make a cage of grids and corroplast, which is imposible to find over here, and dear to import aswell.

Anyway, this is my girls´s cage and they love it!

This week´s fleece is this cute green one we bought at Ikea last week, for 1,79 euro! very cheap, they were in white, dark blue, red, light blue and this green. I brought two!

Next to this fleece, I got two others of this very strong kind of pink-red colour, very cute, and a beige one.

I do the towels and fleece change once per week, and I sweep the poops, hay and shelving daily.

Up there is their bedroom, I made those cozies myself, and I got loads others to replace them during the week, as they get rather wet and smelly, blesh! ^^

That hay box there is the chewing spot for my stuborn piggies. I gave up on getting annoyed when they do so lol.

(this hay rack is a closet basket by the way)

"yes? mommy, what are you doing with that thing?" ^^

Sammy+Peanut

Post   » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:51 am

Love it! Time for mine:

No worries. I am upgrading soon:

Eating in the cage:

982 posts