Intelligence

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Mon Apr 01, 2002 10:48 pm

Buddy knows how to get me to refill his veggie bowl in a flash. :) I place the ceramic bowl on top of his pigloo and when it is empty (he eats like a HORSE!) he strecthes up full length, grasps it with his teeth and front paws and pushes down on it until the opposite side rises off the pigloo, then he lets go so it will crash down loudly onto the pigloo and he repeats it, wheeking in between crashes. *LOL* I may as well get him a tin cup that he can drag along the bars of the cage.

bats

Post   » Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:39 pm

It has always amazed me how quickly guinea pigs learn anything that is associated with food. They know when you wake up and are going to feed them. They know when you open the fridge door. They know the sound of the closet door where I keep the dried pellets. In fact, they impress me more than some people sometimes :-)

Question: If you could live forever, would you and why?

Answer: I would not live forever, because we should not live forever,
because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever,
but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever.

---- Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss Universe contest
Last edited by bats on Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evangeline

Post   » Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:21 am

Great quote, Bob. Gotta love those pageant girls!

Here is something one of my student wrote. He was talking about Incubus, his favorite band.

"And I still like them the same way I used to love them the same way I did when I listened to them the first time I listened to them."

Can you tell he has a drug problem? *sigh*

bats

Post   » Fri Apr 19, 2002 9:56 am

Good lord. I don´t think I could construct a sentence like that, no matter how hard I tried.
Last edited by bats on Fri Apr 19, 2002 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

pinta

Post   » Fri Apr 19, 2002 5:16 pm

I´m a little depressed - it made perfect sense to me. Yup, must be the drugs.

Becky

Post   » Fri Apr 19, 2002 11:48 pm

I was listening to the way you wrote that but I couldn´t hear the way it was written.

bats

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 1:00 am

Ok, I had to share this before I turned in for the night. It has to do with intelligence.

Jim just told me he says "hay" to the guinea pigs whenever he goes to feed them hay, so that they learn the english word. I just about fell out of my chair when I heard that.

pinta

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 1:25 am

It has to do with intelligence.

The pigs´ intelligence or Jim´s?

Or have they already mastered Spanish (we know it ain´t French).

bats

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 12:05 pm

Well I´m not sure which one of them (the pigs or Jim) is going to learn from this lesson. I´ll keep you posted.

ladyveg

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 6:21 pm

They´ve got him trained to announce the next course, that´s all. Although I used to trill "Veggie Time" every night at 8:00 as I passed out the goods until that´s all I had to do to get the pigs all wheeking. Then they started wheeking at 8:00 p.m. whether did anything or not (very uncomfortable on those days I was out of veggies). I still am not sure what the trigger was exactly that got them to realize when it was veggie time. I think it may have been that I would put Daniel to bed right before 8:00, and they realized that after the child was put in his cage, that was when they got their treat.

Evangeline

Post   » Wed Apr 24, 2002 10:24 pm

They know the time, I swear. I give them veggies around 5pm when I come home from school. On the days I don´t go to school, they start wheeking at the exact time I usually come home. I can be sitting in the livingroom, not moving, and all of a sudden, all hell breaks loose.

31 posts